Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
km123456
My Device: Blackberry Torch
My Carrier: me

Notification Colour

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I have been having trouble with my notifications. It seems like such a small thing to complain about, but basically say i receive two missed calls or someone, on the notification menu it will list the first missed call in white (like a normal notification) but then the second missed call notification will be in BLACK TEXT so i cant see it! I have tried taking it into the 02 shop to ask the guru's but they have never seen anything like it before. It is the same with text messages as well, say i received 3 messages, the first message notification text on the notification menu will be in white text, but then the next one is in black text!

I know its a very small complaint but its actually quite annoying!

Any help appreciated as technology is not my forte...!

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
hmthepirate
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Notification Colour

Hello km123456 and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Are you using a 3rd party theme or the standard BlackBerry Theme? To check, go to Options>Display>Screen Display and scroll to the bottom.

If you aren't using the standard BlackBerry theme, change it and check your notifications. If the issue persists, then you will want to reinstall your software.

Backup your data (as this process will delete everything for a clean installation) and follow KB11320. Once the installation completes, test the messages and missed calls before ANY data is restored.

It is recommended to do an essential data restore and KB23680 will show you how.

If the issue still persists after this, then contact your mobile network provider to have this issue escalated to Research In Motion for further investigation.

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
km123456

Thank you so much for your reply. My theme is the blackberry 6, research in motion ltd 2010. I am unable to change this i think, i can only change the wallpaper which made no difference to the notification colour. I shall follow your advice and let you know how it works.

Many thanks again.

Katie

Please use plain text.
Contributor
darryloneill
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: WIND

I am having the same problem.

There must be a better way to fix this then re-install my phone from scratch.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
darryloneill
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: WIND

It was like this all day then went away.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
km123456

Finally and the notification problem has been solved. My blackberry suddenly started acting up BBM, blackberry ID, and my email wouldnt work, so i asked 02 about these queries. They said that sometimes if you simcard is really old then it will act up and just cant cope with the new technology of a smart phone. So they sent me a new simcard, activated it for me, and now everything is WORKING PERFECTLY! so if you are having the same problems with me, ring your service provider and ask for a replacement sim if you have had your simcard for a long time.

Please use plain text.