Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Visitor
MJM2344
My Device: Not Specified

Notifications Help

Hi, is there anyway I can stop the social feeds notifications? I mean, it's a nice little feature, but I don't really need to know every time people update their facebook status, or update their twitter.  Maybe not stop it completely, but make it so it doesn't pop up multiple times an hour? I had a pretty good amount of battery the other night when I went to sleep, and I got 2 social feed notifications, but didn't check them.  When I woke up my battery died, would it be because I didn't check the notifications?

Thanks, hope the question is clear and easy to understand, if not I'll clarify. 

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,879
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Notifications Help

Check your Profile > Ringtone/Alerts to edit any sound that your notifications make.

And, no, two notifications overnight, unchecked, would not drain a battery. You likely had something else running in the background like the browser on an active webpage or another app.

Here are some good charging tips, please read and you'll see that many of them will apply to you.
http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/Maximum_Battery_Life
And here: http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Community-Post/Power-Saving-Tips-for-your-BlackBer...

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
donb2
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: ATT

Re: Notifications Help

i can almost guarantee you that two notifications did not drain your battery.

Please use plain text.