Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Contributor
Sweetypie13
My Carrier: Vodacom

OS upgraded to 7.1 but cannot choose 2G network mode

Hi,

When my phone went in for repairs they upgraded my OS to 7.1 and now I cannot force change to 2G network mode.

I can only choose 3G or 3G and 2G. There is no option for plain 2G like the old OS had.

The reason I need to change to 2G is that the 3G coverage at home is not good at all and 2G is better, even though it's slow, it doesn't drop like 3G.

Is my only option to downgrade my OS?

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
LCromwell
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: OS upgraded to 7.1 but cannot choose 2G network mode

Have you tried the 3G with the new OS?
THE BITTERNESS OF POOR QUALITY, LINGERS LONG AFTER THE CHEAPNESS OF PRICE, IS SOON FORGOTTEN.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Sweetypie13
My Carrier: Vodacom

Yes, that's the whole point of this topic. I HAVE to use 3G, I have no other option.

I want to have the option of changing to 2G when needed, because 2G doesn't drop all the time in my area like 3G does.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
resper
My Carrier: TIM

How do I return to 2g? The battery is draining very fast, does not last 4 hours.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Ronbob
My Carrier: Globe

tap the upper part of the screen > Choose Network and Connections > Mobile Network then change the Network Mode to 2G
...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up :smileyhappy:

Blackberry Battery Saving Tips | Follow me on Twitter

Please use plain text.
supamike
My Carrier: MTN RSA

Im having the same problem on my 9900.

I dont want to use 3G the whole time, the battery life on BB's are already pathetic, now im being forced to use 3G :Censored:

I updated my firmware to 7.1 because the phone kept lagging and freezing, now the battery doesnt last long enough for the phone to start lagging.

So what BB is saying... USE 3G or use old firmware. not cool guys.

Seriously not impressed with BB recently.

Please use plain text.