Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Contributor
technomensch
My Device: Bold 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

Official 6.0.0.600 Update removed Contact Sync Service Book

I have tried everything imaginable short of completely removing the email accounts from the BIS server and doing a full device wipe.

Ever since I finished upgrading to .600, when I go to Contacts > Options > Select my email account,, Wireless Synchronziation is no longer an option.

Checked the Service Books only to find it not there.

Followed KB1059:

- Connected to Desktop and Deleted Service Books

- Performed hard reset

- Registered phone on network

- Logged into Email settings, reenabled Contact and Calendar Sync.

- Resent Service Books.

Still, nothing.

From what I can tell, I need the service book resent from AT&T.  Would that be correct?  Of course, getting them to do that would be asking a needle in a haystack.  I don't want to remove the account and readd it because of all my filters (which BIS STILL does not let us back up, even after all these years).

A security wipe would be an entirely last resort.  I've considered downgraded to previous OS, but since AT&T released this as an OFFICIAL OS, I thought I wouldn't have any problems.

Marc K.

@stayinginsync

Marc K.
Twitter: @technomensch
http://stayinginsync.info
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
hatchback
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: Official 6.0.0.600 Update removed Contact Sync Service Book

Hey technomensch,

First go into your email setting and select your email account to verify Contact sync is enabled 

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/KB22430

If the option is selected try re-enabling and then update your service books.

How to send service books to the BlackBerry smartphone for BlackBerry Internet Service:

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/KB15402

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
technomensch

The issue was that I did not even have Wireless Sync as an option, therefore I could not enable it.

In order to resolve this, first I removed the email account from BIS, THEN I followed the instructions in Followed KB1059:

- Connected to Desktop and Deleted Service Books
- Performed hard reset
- Registered phone on network
- Logged into Email settings
- Readded my email account
- finally reenabled Contact and Calendar Sync.

Marc K.
@stayinginsync
- Resent Service Books.
Marc K.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
JAR16
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Orange uk

Hello, I have the same problems on my 9800 Blackberry. I can't get emails or send emails and no one from Blackberry  helping me. I had five BkBerry phones and all of them fine expect this Torch model.

Jar, UK

Please use plain text.
Contributor
technomensch

Re: Official 6.0.0.666 Update Disabled Google Gmail Contact Calendar OTA Synchronization

I'm going to backtrack here, because I would like to make sure that we are both on the same page.

Let me put it this way- in order to resolve this issue, I had to go through the following ENTIRE PROCESS:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/General-BlackBerry-Functions-and/BIS-OTA-Contact-Sync-Issue/m...  (Copied to bottom of this post)

This afternoon, I ran another upgrade, this time to .666 and I received the following email (all of which, I already knew) [which I also get after every time I have the service books resent]:

Calendar events have stopped being synchronized between <<email@gmail.com>> and your Blackberry device.  To resume synchronizing calendar items with this email account:

1. Access your email account settings by completing one of the following actions:
    • * Open the email setup application on your device
    • * Using a browser on your computer, visit the BIS web site
  2. Go to the Email Accounts Page
  3. Edit <<email@gmail.com>>
  4. Select the option to synchronize the calendar
  5. Click Save

As you can see below, it has already been confirmed selected: 

Calendar Properties Wireless Synchronization Checked   Contact Properties Wireless Synchronization Enabled

To take this one step further, I confirmed the settings are enabled on the server as well:

Synchronize enabled.png

• Was still not working.
  • Reregistered on network (see instructions below.
  • Gave it about another 20 minutes.
  • Now 'appears' to be working.

Is this a known issue during the upgrade process?

Marc K.

@stayinginsync

stayinginsync.info

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/General-BlackBerry-Functions-and/BIS-OTA-Contact-Sync-Issue/m...

1. Log into BIS and copy your filters into a backup text file on your desktop.
    • (I typically name my filters XXXX [To:], YYYY [From:], ZZZ [Subject:], etc... so they are easy to replicate if lost
  2. Make sure that you've backed up all your contacts and calendars, preferrably using either Blackberry Protect or SmrtGuard.  I say this for those reading this that may not think to do it.
  3. Delete the e-mail act from the BIS interface.
  4. Connect Blackberry to Desktop.
  5. Open BB Desktop Manager.
  6. Delete Service Books.
  7. Perform a hard reset.
  8. Manually force a "Register your phone on the network"
    1. On the Home screen of the BlackBerry smartphone, click Options, or click Settings > Options.
      • Note: The location of the Options screen depends on the version of BlackBerry Device Software and the theme running on the BlackBerry smartphone.
    2. Complete the step associated with the appropriate version of BlackBerry Device Software (http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB16383):
        • For BlackBerry Device Software 6.0, perform the following steps:
          • Device > Advanced System Settings > Host Routing Table
        • For BlackBerry Device Software 4.1 through 5.0, perform the following steps:
          • Advanced Options > Host Routing Table
        • For BlackBerry Device Software 3.7.1 through 4.0.2:
          • Host Routing Table
        • BlackBerry Device Software 3.0 through 3.7:
          • Network
        • Note: On some BlackBerry smartphones that run BlackBerry Device Software 3.7.1, Register Now might be found as an option in the Network menu.
        • BlackBerry Device Software 2.0 through 2.7:
          • Network Settings
    3. Press the Menu key and click Register Now.
  9. Resend your service books for the default @xxxx.blackberry.com email account.
      1. From the Home screen, click Setup > Email Settings or Email Accounts.
      2. If required select Internet Mail Account.
      3. In the Email Accounts screen, display the menu and click Service Books.
      4. Click Send Service Books.
  10. Add your email account in BIS.
      • DO NOT enable Contact or Calendar sync yet.
  11. Change the default services to your new email account
      • Calendar (CICAL)
      • Contact List (SYNC)
  12. Just to be on the safe-side, I'd do a hard reboot again.
  13. Go into the e-mail settings on your Blackberry, NOT the BIS web interface.
  14. Go down to synchronization and enable Contacts and Calendar.
  15. Your BB should appear to go through an Enterprise Activation.
      • Even though you are on BIS, this is perfectly normal and expected
  16. Once it is done, you can confirm it has been completed by checking the status of "Wireless Synchronization" in the Address Book App.
  17. It is extremely possible that you might end up with several duplicate contacts after finishing this process. 
    • To remove the duplicates on Gmail which will push to the Blackberry, I'd recommend a web service called scrubly.com
    • Remember that BIS does not sync the following contact fields:
      • Groups/Categories
      • Birthday/Anniversaries
      • Instant Messaging
    • BIS will only sync contacts under "My Contacts".  Make sure that, in Gmail, you have turned off "Create contacts for auto-complete:"
    • The BIS Calendar Sync will only sync your default Google Calendar.  It will not sync any of your other calendars.  You can only have one calendar per email address.
Marc K.
Please use plain text.