Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
sdonio
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800

Optical Trackpad and Touchscreen on my 9800 Torch are not working!

Hi! Herewith I'd like to express as far as I can, my dissapointment from 9800. THIS IS THE WORST PHONE I EVER HAD!!! I've been using it fot 18 months now and already on 6th month the touchscreen wasn't responding properly - you just can't use it - it was not responding, or by writing - you may hit one letter, and if you are lucky to register the hit - completely different letter appears. Anyway - I've tried to live with it - and stopped looking at the phona as to a touchscreen-phone. I used onlu the buttons, but now - 3 days ago even the trackpad stopped working - sometimes it is very, very, very sensitive, and you can't almost touch it without scrolling it, or activating some function, and in the next moment - it is not working at all - no matter how many times you are trying to scroll or to touch it. This phone is only 2,5 years old - I've received it from my boss and it has no warranty - but I never had issues with other phones that I used before - I had Nokia 6630 for 3 years of almost 3h a dat talk-time or E51 - at the end its rubber buttons were gone and it was full of dust. But anyway they contiuned to work. These were durable phones! Not like this piece of sh*t. ONCE BLACKBERRY = NEVER AGAIN BLACKBERRY!!! I was very happy when received this phone - I thought it was a upgrade for me, but now....

Retired
FrankieS
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Optical Trackpad and Touchscreen on my 9800 Torch are not working!

[ Edited ]

Hi sdonio,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community.
Sorry to hear about the issues you've been having with your BlackBerry Torch smartphone. To fix this and rule out any possible software issue that may be causing it, please try to first back up all your data using the BlackBerry® Desktop Software and then perform a clean reload of your BlackBerry® Device Software. For further steps, please see the following KB articles.

For Windows®:
"How to back up BlackBerry smartphone data using BlackBerry Desktop Software for Windows" KB12487
"How to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device Software for Windows" KB11320
For Mac:
"Back up and restore BlackBerry smartphone data on a Mac computer using BlackBerry Desktop Software" KB18776
"Perform a clean reload of BlackBerry smartphone application software using BlackBerry Desktop Software on a Mac computer" KB19915

Please test to make sure the issue has been resolved before restoring your backup file.

Let me know if that helps.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
sdonio
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800

Re: Optical Trackpad and Touchscreen on my 9800 Torch are not working!

Hi! Thank You for Your support. I did both things, but unfortunately it didn't helped. I didn't install or add any application before the problems. Touchscreen, trackpad are not working, and the phone freezes...