01-10-2013 08:02 AM
Im with 3, however i did not receive the handset from them. Its a Blackberry torch 9810.
I Assume it was/is running the newest OS, but at this time i cant turn the device on to check.
My desktop software version is 220.127.116.11.
My phone a couple of days ago was unexpectedly turned of. When i tried to turn the device back on, it took a long time getting half way through the OS booting loading screen, crashing and starting again. Eventually it got past the loading screen and showed me the app error 606 screen.
Now all the phone does when trying to boot up is get stuck in a loop of the blackberry loading screen, crashes after about 20 seconds, then starts again when the red light comes on. When attempting to connect to the computer using blackberry to usb wire, to reload the OS, it stays contended for about 20 seconds, the same time the phone keeps crashing. It just keep losing power, even though Ive been charing it for a while.
Ive tried following Knowledge base
-KB10144 How to force the detection of the BlackBerry smartphone using Application Loader
-KB20371 BlackBerry Desktop Manager cannot communicate with the connected BlackBerry device
I know i have to reload the OS, however first i need to make sure the blackberry stays connected.
In Knowledge base KB10144 How to force the detection of the BlackBerry smartphone using Application Loader i get stuck on the step where blackberry software can not communicate with the connected device, either click Retry, Update or Cancel, when i click update, then repair, it just says there are no updates available, and a form below where you can enter your email address. Does not repair the phone at all. Is it supposed to open the application loader? I think this is all to do with the fact the phone keeps switching on then off, when either charging or trying to connect to the computer.
Might just be me being an **bleep**. But am i missing something? Ive read a million threads to do with the app error 606, Ive tried for about 2 days now to get a proper connection to the computer, or even just to see the app error screen again. Just always gets stuck on the black berry loading screen.
Any help would be much appreciated.
01-10-2013 10:21 AM
01-11-2013 10:56 AM
No other ideas then. Just get a new phone....
Have you tried wiping the device completely? You can skip to step number 5 if you want and see if BBSAK will connect and wipe the device. Then you'll need to come back to step number 3 (you can skip the backup since you can't make a backup at this point.) Another trick is to remove the battery and attempt to connect to the device.
1. First locate your carrier and the OS file you wish to use.
2. It doesn't hurt to do a manual backup of your device first, using Desktop Manager > Backup. Close Desktop Manager upon completion and unplug BlackBerry. You can get BlackBerry Desktop Software here http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/desktop/
3. Download the OS file from step 1 to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.
4. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml." Also check the following locations for vendor.xml files and delete any instances of the file:
On Windows Vista/7 navigate to C:\Users\YOUR_USER\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML (Where "YOUR_USER" is your username)
On Windows XP navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR_USER\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML (Where "YOUR_USER" is your username)
5. If you're simply updating the OS to a newer version skip this step. If doing a clean OS reload use BBSAK from BBSAK.org and wipe the device (after doing a complete backup) then after you get the error 507 (no OS installed) then proceed to next step.
6. Plug in BlackBerry and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader