Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

Outlook calendar will only accept appointments from certain email addresses

Hi. Just got a Torch 9800 and I really like it. I use it with BIS and have three email accounts set up.

Two basic problems going on:

1. I didn't notice this for a few weeks, but apparently the calendar set my "new appt" default "Send Using" to Facebook. I uninstalled FB Mobile and I changed the Default setting in the Advanced settings on the device so now it defaults to my Comcast.net email account in "Send Using," but all the old appointments are still showing up as Send Using Facebook (which I hate, esp since I don't really use FB much). Is there a way to change all those old appointments so they default back to my comcast email? Does it matter?

2. Related to #1, all the appts that were synced to my Outlook calendar using the "Send Using Facebook" synced successfully, but now that I've changed the default to Comcast.net, any appointments that I add on the device do not get pulled into Outlook when I sync. It just won't accept any appointments that aren't set as "Send Using Facebook." How do I change that? I assume I have to change it on the Outlook side, but I haven't figured out how.

My Outlook is set up for my comcast email so that shouldn't be a problem.

I am running Windows 7 and Outlook 2007.

Help would be greatly appreciated as this is incredibly annoying.

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800

Re: Outlook calendar will only accept appointments from certain email addresses

I solved my own problem. FB was still showing up as CICAL in the Service Books setting under device Advanced Settings. I deleted it, purged calendar on device, then did one-way sync. All good.
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: ATT

I have the same problem, but can't find the 'service book' setting. I actually can't find the advanced settings either Smiley Sad  Can you help? I have the Torch 9800. Thanks

Highlighted
Forums Veteran I
My Device: BlackBerry 9900

Options>Device>Advanced System Settings>Default Services.

Good luck!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."