Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
jrsandi
My Device: Torck ATT

Outlook move email to another file, torch doesn't refresh that email

HI there, here what i have:

Torch ATT with BES

Exchange 2007

Outlook 2010

My issue, when i received emails everything goes perfect, i read on my bb and outlook mark it as read, when i move any email to another subfolder on my outlook ost file (same mailbox) the bb automatically refresh that change so you can see that email in subfolder on bb, but when i tried to move an email to another file pst file bb never detects that change and keeps that email in inbox.

any help would be really appreciated.

Jason

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Outlook move email to another file, torch doesn't refresh that email

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Basically, when you move it to an OST folder, it is indeed treated, from the perspective of the BB, as a move...and is reflected on the BB. But, when you move it to a PST folder (which are not displayed on the BB), it is a deletion from the perspective of the BB. And, in order for those to reflect on the BB, Hard Deletes must be enabled at the BES server. See your BES admins and point them to this KB:

• KB04853 How to enable hard deletes on the BlackBerry Enterprise Server

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

in addition to sdgarde's very complete answer, here is what you can do for each message you want to put in the PST :
1) move the message to a special folder (mine is called zz-to-pst)
2) move the message from that folder to your PST archive.

the first step will move the message to that folder on your device
the second step will do what you really want (move the message to your PST file)
and you simply need a third step : on your BlackBerry, delete all messages in the zz-to-pst folder.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Ah yes mon ami, that work around! I believe there may yet be an even simpler one. If memory serves me correctly, without Hard Deletes active, it is the items residing in the Deleted Items folder (on the server) that triggers BES to remove an item from the BB. So, one further workaround could be thus:

1) Move the message to the Deleted Items folder

2) Copy the message to the PST folder

That should trigger BES to remove the item from the BB with no further intervention.

Now, that said, there is always the timing problem...if one does such a thing AND immediately shuts down Outlook AND has Outlook configured to clear Deleted Items upon exit, THEN it is possible that the item will never reside in the server Deleted Items folder at all (especially if one is using Cached Mode).

All in all, I prefer Hard Deletes...but some BES admins do not like it.

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

woohoo two variants of the workaround! It's party time!

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
jrsandi

Hi, thank you all for your answers and sorry my late answer.

The thing is im using godaddy  hosted exchange plan plus blackberry, so im going to talk to techs guys your solution about the hard deletes, do not know if there are able to do that ''special'' setting for me.

I will let you know.

Regards,

New Contributor
jrsandi

Hi, as expected, talking to a godaddy tech guy, he is telling if i want this kind of settings i am in the wrong place, so they have their server already setup for all the hosted exchange costumers and they can not do anything to set this.

Actually i am not sure, when you are using microsoft online services or any other hosted exchange plan you do not have access to all the settings in a blackberry server??? isnt it???.

is there an other option to make this hard delete works on my blackberries???

I really appreciatted any sugestion.

Regards,

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

hosted BES is set up for many domains, they dont want to make a change that would affect all their domains on that server

here is my hitlist on reconcile incase others come looking

This will explain a lot about reconcile and hard deletes
KB04863 - Permanent deletion of email messages in Microsoft Outlook does not reconcile to the BlackB...

link in above KB in case you missed it
KB04853 - How to enable hard deletes on the BlackBerry Enterprise Server

I have also changed the messages state size to 1000 and it cured 99% of our issues.
The performance hit and RAM increase is almost nil on the BES box.

On Device also double check:

Make sure that Wireless Reconcile is set to On. Sometimes toggling that to off, saving it, then turning it back on.
Messages Options - Email reconciliation -
Delete on Mailbox and handheld,
wireless reconcile = Yes
On conflicts = Mailbox wins.

If still not working and you moved a user mailbox.

KB20770 Email reconciliation does not work after moving a mailbox

Is the user over quota?

testing

How to perform an email reconciliation test

How to verify the wireless email reconciliation process

How email reconciliation works on a BlackBerry smartphone

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

jrsandi wrote:

Hi, as expected, talking to a godaddy tech guy, he is telling if i want this kind of settings i am in the wrong place, so they have their server already setup for all the hosted exchange costumers and they can not do anything to set this.

Sadly not surprising...for the reasons Knottyrope pointed out above.

jrsandi wrote:

Actually i am not sure, when you are using microsoft online services or any other hosted exchange plan you do not have access to all the settings in a blackberry server??? isnt it???. 

All of the settings are on the server side, at the BES service provider (not RIM). The service provider has the ability to change the settings, but if they won't (as they've now told you), then your only options are the workarounds we've given you previously. Your wording of his reply was kind of hinting that he can't change the settings...I think that's not completely accurate. He can change them, but doing so would affect too many other things...so, in my words, it's that he won't change them...not that he can't.

jrsandi wrote:

is there an other option to make this hard delete works on my blackberries??? 

Nope. Hard Deletes is a setting on the BES server, not on the BB itself. Your only option now is the workarounds we gave you earlier.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates