Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Contributor
rolyb
My Device: Torch 9800
Accepted Solution

Password Deletion

How can I delete a password from my device so that there is no password in the system at all.

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: Password Deletion

Options >type "password" in the search bar. Uncheck the box to enable the password. It will ask you for the password to confirm.

If you don't know the password you can't remove the password without wiping the data from the device.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor
rolyb

Thanks John.  I had already found the enable password box.  Unchecking it just makes the password inactive - it's still in the device and can be reactivated by checking the box and saving.  What I want to do is delete it from the device altogether, although it's not a big deal.  I can just leave it deactivated.  In other devices I've had, a password can be deleted by just resetting with a blank input box, but that doesn't seem to work with BB.

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Disabling it removes the password. It's not saved anywhere on the device. If you reactivate by checking the box again it will ask for a new password.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor
rolyb

Quite right.  Thanks again John.  Regards.

RolyB

Guru I
John_Clark

You bet!
New Contributor
paulsfitzgerald
My Device: bold 9900

I don't know the password and I am trying to disable it..I have a recent backup so I should go ahead and let it remove the data?

Guru I
John_Clark

That's the only way to disable it.
New Contributor
paulsfitzgerald
My Device: bold 9900

but I can upload my backup and all will be good?
Guru I
John_Clark

Only if your backup wasn't made under the same password.