Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Contributor
scindia
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Password Keeper missing after upgrade to v6.0 bundle 3049

Hi,

Thanks for your help.  I believe that I am pretty close to getting myself back to normalcy.  I followed the given steps :-

1) Install the Desktop Software (610_b038_multilanguage.exe), but did not run it.  This upgraded me to Bundle 38.

2) Restarted the laptop, as requested.

3) Install the BB OS package (9800AllLang_PBr6.0.0_rel3049_PL6.6.0.246_A6.0.0.706_Bell_Mobility_Inc.exe)

4) Restarted the laptop, despite no request

5) Launched the Desktop Software, and now I was able to see the BB Core Apps, and other options.  Added them, and installed them to the BB.

6) Process hung during the last Restore Data phase, so had to disconnect, and re-attempt it.  Completed at 2nd set.

7) I can see Password Keeper now, but there is no data

8) Trying to restore from a backup taken before the whole process of Reset of the BB device.  At my 3rd attempt, as it either hangs, or is too slow.

Hopefully, it will complete successfully, and I can restore the data.  When choosing the "Selective" option during the Restore, the Password Keeper was showing enteries but was grayed out for some reason.  So I choose the FULL restore for now.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

OK, I hope it works, but this worries me...

scindia wrote:

When choosing the "Selective" option during the Restore, the Password Keeper was showing enteries but was grayed out for some reason.  So I choose the FULL restore for now.

I'm not sure it will restore...see this:

• KB11545 Unable to restore the Password Keeper database

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
scindia
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Bell

Thanks for the link - but I already was able to go back to an older backup and do a full restore.  And then I did a partial restore of a later backup, to restore the updated Contact List, and finally, did a restore from a file backup on SD card o restore the BBM groups.  A lot of pain, but in the end, I see some light!!!

I will take a Full Backup again, after I am back as normal again! :-)

A week long process, but hopefully never again!

Thanks for your patience and constant support ... atleast I know, that I have good support behind the great product.  If only all fruit-lovers knew what real "support" means!!!  :-)

THANKS!!!

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

You are most welcome...enjoy!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
poojathakkar19
My Device: bold 3
My Carrier: Vodafone

I am having the same problem...wer can i download the BB OS package?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

poojathakkar19 wrote:

I am having the same problem...wer can i download the BB OS package?

Hello -- sorry for the delay. Message 8 above has the link you need.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
clarkedan
My Device: torch 9810
My Carrier: bell

i am having similar issues, and have tried everything you have suggested. my problem is that the version that it gives me to download for bell mobility is not the same version or  software platform and it doesent recognize it on the desktop software. should i return to the old version that it gives me and then find password keeper? and then let it update? or will that mess something else up. this bb is on an enterprise server and i had issues upgrading from my bold 9780 with the enterprise server recognizing it and dont want to have to get them involved again, as i bought this myself as a work phone...

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

clarkedan wrote:

i am having similar issues, and have tried everything you have suggested. my problem is that the version that it gives me to download for bell mobility is not the same version or  software platform and it doesent recognize it on the desktop software. should i return to the old version that it gives me and then find password keeper? and then let it update? or will that mess something else up. this bb is on an enterprise server and i had issues upgrading from my bold 9780 with the enterprise server recognizing it and dont want to have to get them involved again, as i bought this myself as a work phone...

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Sorry...but you have no choice. As a BES activated device, the BES admins can control pretty much everything. They indeed can prevent you from doing certain things. Anytime you want to upgrade your software, you need to involve them in order to ensure that your services continue properly. Basically, as a BES activated device, you need to involve your BES admins for everything you wish to change, and ask them about things that may not be working correctly (as it may be WAD -- Working As Designed -- as per the IT Policy that they enforce).

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
clarkedan
My Device: torch 9810
My Carrier: bell

well i had password keeper with my 9780 bold, but i have since upgraded to a torch 9810, i did buy it used and have no idea what was done to it when i got it, except he did a factory reset before selling it... i believe i should get it cause i had it with my old phone...

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Ummm...OK...sure...but that does not negate the need to involve your IT folks if you do major things to your OS. Maybe I'm not understanding...

If you can obtain the exact same OS package that is already running on your BB, you should (operative word there!!) be able to install the Password Keeper app to your BB without involving your IT folks. But, if you change your BB OS for any reason, then you should definitely involve them as the process needs to be coordinated with the BES server to ensure things keep working for you.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.