Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Contributor
Gosseux43
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Bell

Password manager data lost during update

Hi, 

My girlfriend and I both have Bberry torch (9800). I have updated her Bberry with the Desktop Manager a couple of days ago and for some reason, the update took a lot more time than usual (more than the whole afternoon). I know it was frozen, but I didn't want to loose any software info and have problems with a half-updated device. But, at the end of day, I had no other options, and I had to reboot the update again. Luckily, I had done my back up prior to this. 

And as expected, after the successful update, I had lost all my personal data due to the failure of the first update attempt. Therefore, I uploaded the back up in the device, and all personal data came back (lucky me). However, the information in the password manager application is all gone.

I was under the impression that information in the password manager would be included in the back up file. It's not? Since it was not part of my back up, any solution to find and re-install that critical information would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Gosseux43

Re: Password manager data lost during update

Anyone ? Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Gosseux43

Re: Password manager data lost during update

Well.... I guess based on the replies, I should consider that password manager info not being part of the backup is normal for all of us.

If not, maybe it's just one of these numerous glitches and bugs I have since I own a blackberry. 

Please use plain text.