Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

patforresp1975
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Vodafone

Personal Email Account Reconciliation

Hello,

I have recently purchased a new laptop and setup my personal email account in Outlook 2010, which sync with my Blackberry Torch 9800.  But on my old laptop as soon as I downloaded the emails in Outlook they disappeared from the Blackberry, but now have downloaded in Outlook they still remain on the Blackberry so I have to manually delete them.

I have followed the manual and have the wireless reconcile option ticked but this makes no difference.

Is there something that I have missed or is it working correctly??

Thanks

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
FrankieS
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Personal Email Account Reconciliation

Hi patforresp1975,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community.

It sounds like you may be using a POP email account and had the Leave a Copy of the Message on the Server setting in Microsoft® Outlook® disabled on your previous laptop. With this setting unchecked, when you open Microsoft® Outlook® it downloads and deletes your messages from the mail server and the messages are removed from the BlackBerry® smartphone as well.

With the setting enabled, it would leave a copy of the message on the mail server which will also remain on the BlackBerry® smartphone to be deleted manually.

This KB article will show you how to modify this setting. "How to leave or remove copies of email messages on the messaging server" http://bbry.lv/KpOsBc

Thanks.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.