Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

My Device: Blackberry Torch

Phone doesn't seem to register the slider is open. Can't use keyboard, only touch screen.

Morning all,

Looking for some help with my Torch.  The phone no longer seems to recognize that the phone has been slid open.  I am only able to use the touch screen, no longer able to use the keyboard.  

This problem started slowly, at first, I would have to close it and slide it open again for it to work.  Over a two week period, it has progressively got worse to the point now, that it never registers the slider being open.  The keyboard is useless now.

i HATE having to use the touch screen for typing.  please help!

I have tried some basic troubleshooting... rebooting device, battery removal, cleaned slider track, attempted to move slider track around a little... no success yet

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Phone doesn't seem to register the slider is open. Can't use keyboard, only touch screen.

Hello hookandladder and welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.

Sorry to hear you are experiencing an issue with your BlackBerry® Torch™ smartphone.

To see if this issue is software related, use BlackBerry® Desktop Software to backup your data and reinstall your software as shown in KB11320 How to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device Software for Windows or KB19915 Perform a clean reload of BlackBerry smartphone application software using BlackBerry Desktop Software on a Mac computer

After the software reload completes, test the slider before restoring any data. If the physical keyboard fails to work then it would be advised you contact your point of sale for hardware related repairs.

Thanks!

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!