Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
xanaradra
My Device: Torch 9810
Accepted Solution

Phone frozen for hours

My phone has been frozen all day. The past couple of days it's been really slow, then today it just completely froze. I've tried battery pulling about 6 times.. same results. I don't know what to do. It won't connect to the desktop manager. Can someone help me please?

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: Phone frozen for hours

Remove the battery. While holding down the back/escape key (to the right of the trackpad) reinsert the battery. Continue to hold the battery for another 20 seconds or so. That should boot the device into Safe Mode. What happens when it's running in Safe Mode?

Also, please check the free memory for me. Go to Options and type "storage" in the search bar. Open the Storage menu and please tell me the number next to "free Space" under "Application Storage."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
xanaradra

Same results as before. Black screen with the little hour glass thing. This is so fustrating. All I was doing before this happened was looking at my pictures lol. I'm not sure how much space i've got on there though..

New Contributor
xanaradra

[ Edited ]

Actually, I was pressing the wrong button. Going to try again.

*Edit

Refer to post above...

I'm not sure how these forums work. But I think i'm going to have to completely reset my phone. How do I do that?

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

First, you need to be more clear and specific.

When you say "frozen" just exactly what do you mean? Is the phone locked up on a particular screen? Is it stuck on the booting screen? Please be specific.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
xanaradra

Stuck on the booting screen. Sorry.

Guru I
John_Clark

OK.  So, the device doesn't boot up at all?  It just stays on the booting screen?  Even when booting while holding the back key?  

If so, you may have to reload the OS to the device, just as you said.  Here are some instructions to do that.  Keep in mind that if you don't have a backup already, you will lose all your data.  Sorry...

1. First locate your carrier and the OS file you wish to use.

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/downloads/download_sites.jsp

2. Download the OS file from step 1 to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.

3. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml." Also check the following locations for vendor.xml files and delete any instances of the file:

On Windows Vista/7 navigate to C:\Users\YOUR_USER\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML (Where "YOUR_USER" is your username)

On Windows XP navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR_USER\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML (Where "YOUR_USER" is your username)

4. Use BBSAK from BBSAK.org and wipe the device then after you get the error 507 (no OS installed) then proceed to next step.

6. Plug in BlackBerry and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader

New Contributor
xanaradra

Okay, thanks. I will try this. :smileyhappy:

New Contributor
xanaradra

My phone won't connect to Blackberry desktop manager, and it won't connect to BBSAK. I'm very close to wanting to break it to peices. 

Guru I
John_Clark

Try connecting it without the battery installed. As soon as it gets connected re-insert the battery.