Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

p_hogel
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Bell Canada

Phone keeps stalling

My blackberrys little clock symbol will pop up on the screen sometimes as long as 30 mins freezing my phone and draining my battery.  I can't even turn my phone ff when this happens or put it in standbye mode. 

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Boomer56
My Device: BlackBerry 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Phone keeps stalling

Welcome to the forums!

Press and hold the BB menu button until the Application Switcher comes up.  This will show you all the apps that are currently running on your device.  If there is one or more apps running in the background (other than the usual suspects......browser, phone, BBM, home and Messages), that can cause something like this.

When you're running an app, make sure you close it properly by pressing the BB menu button and selecting Exit or Close.

You can also go into Options>Device>Application Management.  Once the list of apps comes up, go one swipe to the left to bring up CPU usage to see what, if anything is eating up CPU.

Let us know what you find out!  :smileyhappy:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
Please use plain text.
p_hogel
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Bell Canada

I always do that with my programs and there is nothing running outside the norm.  I see that other people are reporting similar things since the update.  I am also having battery draining issues something that never happened before.  Bellow is a posting I found recent that is similar to me

Re: Torch 9800 battery drain

Here's what's happening.

Overnight on idle, battery from 100% drained to 25%

Phone is still "processing"  a fair bit.

On start up, I get I dialogue box for "sim card services". What do I do about this?

When and how often should I do battery pulls and should I also do the "enable compression delete-remove sd card" when I pull the battery?

You have been very helpful and I am prepared to keep trying but I would like to get this solved.

Thanks again.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Boomer56
My Device: BlackBerry 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

So you mentioned "since the update"  Did you do a software upgrade? If so, what OS do you have on your device now?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
Please use plain text.
rscheman
My Device: Model 9630
My Carrier: Verizon

Followed all of your instructions and the phond (Model 9630) still keeps going into stall mode, too often to keep me happy with this phone!

Please use plain text.