Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
martinlui52
My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: 5197017579

Phone will not charge

Hi,

I have a torch 9800 and my phone will not charge, not even with a new battery. I plugged it to my laptop and it is not detected. I found a tread that teaches you how to force detection using desktop manager 6.0-7.0, but I have the newest version 7.1

Please help me! How can I charge my phone?

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Phone will not charge

Hello martinlui52

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Here is the Knowledge base that you mentioned , first try it using your new Battery :

KB10144  : How to force the detection of the BlackBerry smartphone using Application Loader

Please note while in the KB  it mentioned BlackBerry® Desktop Software 6.0 to 7.0 , it will work withBlackBerry® Desktop Software 7.1 also.

Have you tried yet .

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
martinlui52

I tried, when I followed the steps and connect my phone to my computer with the battery taken out, the"retry, update" window doen't not pop up

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi martinlui52

I suggested the KB as you are asking if Desktop Software 7.1 will work or not . Regarding your issue can you confirm if you are having any other problem apart from just not charging.Have you tried with another USB cable or a charger ? 

Let us know .

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
martinlui52

I tried. I tried charging it with a different cable, different USB, different power source and a different laptop. My phone just will not charge and can't be detected by my laptop

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hello martinlui52

There are few other methods you can  try to reload our device Software,But If your device working fine except not charging and it isn't recoginzed when connect to a PC then Sorry to say but I think the problem is with device USB connecting slot  and in that situation If you visit your service provider or and mobile reapir shop they can fix it easily . 

Can you try that .

Please use plain text.