Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
Yokedskydiver
My Device: blackberry torch 9800
My Carrier: orange

Please help me

Hi I have the blackberry torch 9800. It was working fine but kept freezing every now and then, 

I was using my phone then it died, like if it ran out of battery. I plugged it into charge but nothing happened, I have brought a new batter and plugged it in and sill nothing, I have tried to plug it into the computer and reboot the Os but still nothing, there isn't even a red light that flashed when it is plugged in. 

When my phone was working I did upgrade the software to the latest.

Is there anything that I could do to fix it?? 

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Please help me

First of all, make sure you're plugging your phone in to a wall outlet with the supplied charging cord.  USB hubs on PCs and car chargers are not optimal for charging.

Next, if you're already doing that, try connecting to BlackBerry Desktop Software to see what it has to say; you might have a corrupt OS and connecting to BDS will inform you of that.  If you're having trouble connecting to BDS, have a look at this article:

www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB10144 .

Let us know if that helps you.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Yokedskydiver

I have tried plugging it into the wall outlet and my computer isn't detecting the phone at all. The BlackBerry software isn't detecting my phone.

I have plugged another BlackBerry that is fully working into the computer to see if it was my computer that wasn't working but it worked fins so it has to be my phone. 

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ

Did you attempt the steps outlined in the article I quoted in my response?

Cheers.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Yokedskydiver

Yeah I have, I get to the bit where the computer is to detect the BB pin but it isn't detecting it, I have tried this a few times and I can't seem to get it to come up.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Yokedskydiver

also my phone doesn't show a red light when i plug it in. what does this mean ?
Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ

It sounds like your phone is facing some pretty serious issues.  Unless others here have some advice that I'm missing, how about having a look at what they're saying over at Crackberry.  I don't usually post links to other sites, but there's a good article over there on how to reload the OS to a nuked BlackBerry.  If it'll help you, then it's worth posting it here.

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101-lecture-12-how-reload-operating-system-nuked-blackberry 

Let us know if that helps you.  :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Yokedskydiver

Well it seems that way and looking at what crackberry describe as a nuked blackberry, my phone doesn't match the description, when power is connected there is no red light or anything, the screen doesn't change at all. 

Please use plain text.