Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
My Device: Torch
Accepted Solution

Please help - my phone keeps reloading/restarting.It wont switch on, and I need to access my calender to know whether I need meds tonight or tom night

[ Edited ]

Hello, I hope someone can help me. I have medication alerts on my phone, without it I dont know whether i need to my meds tonight or tomorrow night. 

I downloaded some free apps today from blackberry world app on my phone as i have done many times before.

It requested a restart once finished. so I clicked to restart. since then (4+hrs) its been in constantly reloading, it just gets to the end and restarts again without switching on

I have removed the battery & tried to turn it on it does the same. I've tried a restart after removing the memory card then sim, then both and still nothing.

I've also tried to start it in safe mode by hiolding down the escape key but it dosnt work.

Please help, 

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Please help - my phone keeps reloading/restarting.It wont switch on, and I need to access my calender to know whether I need meds tonight or tom night

Are you able to restart your device in safe mode as shown in KB17877?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

Re: Please help - my phone keeps reloading/restarting.It wont switch on, and I need to access my calender to know whether I need meds tonight or tom night

Hi, No it wont start in safe mode either. 

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Are you able to restart your device in safe mode as shown in KB17877?

this could remove some data if you dont have a current backup

I assume, since it's caught in a reboot cycle, when you connect to the Desktop Software it doesn't take a stable connection to reinstall your software?

If that is case, remove your battery and keep it out when you connect to the Desktop Software. You will get a pop up that the device can't connect and there should be Retry, Update and Cancel buttons. Select Update and you will then be able to reinstall the current device software version.

When the load is progressing, you will see a step that says "Wait for device initialization". At this point, insert the battery and the reload should complete.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

Hi, Yes, its stuck in a reboot cycle and it wont connect to the Desktop Software as there is no connection.

If that is case, remove your battery and keep it out when you connect to the Desktop Software. You will get a pop up that the device can't connect and there should be Retry, Update and Cancel buttons. Select Update and you will then be able to reinstall the current device software version.

The  pop up opens as you say with Retry/Update/Cancel buttons. On selecting Update a window pops up -  Confirm device repair - with Repair & Cancel buttons. 

Clicking on Repair - I get a window thats Checking for Updates -  I then get a window with the update options. and View other versions/Get Update/Cancel

If I click on update - I get a window saying " An Updated BB Desktop Software Conponant must be installed before I continue - If I click on Install - Windows tries to configure BB Softward updater - This Then Fails as a connection cant be found/updated

If I go back and instead of updating my current verson, select "View other versions" and downgrade to a previous version, it once again tries to configure and fails. 

I never get to where it says "Wait for device initialization". so I can At this point, insert the battery and the reload should complete.

This is driving me crazy

New Contributor

Thankyou for the help.

After uninstalling & reinstalling my BB desktop software. I did the reboot and finally it worked. Unfortunatly I wasnt able to do a backup first so its wiped clean :Censored: but its working.

Thankyou again, :Winkiss: