Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

My Device: 9810
My Carrier: D

Poor service of the handset

[ Edited ]

Its over a month now that I had given my handset, for it was not starting at all, and I was told it has a hardware problem. I have given the handset 6 to 7 times now. Thrice it has been sent to Banaglore and four times the service centre has kept it and done nothing about  it because I see no changes in it at all, except for, it has finally switched on and the body has changed but it does not work after being switched on. It becomes difficult for people who are working to personally go meet them. The hours are not flexible at all and on top of that, the customers are not given a spare cell, besides asking. After the 10 days of keeping my cell, I had to personally go and ask for a spare cell. Now is the third time that they have sent my cell to the head office and I haven't been given a spare cell. For the people who are dependent on their cell for half of their work, it really becomes difficult. The messages will be gone, the apps will be gone, the settings are changed. If its for just one time, its understood, but the 10 times that the customer has to go up and down without getting any update about their handset is not acceptable and seriously not appreciated. The blackberry services have lower their standards and giving half their customers a really tough time. To whoever the concerned person is, please look through the matter, because now, I am going to take this thing way ahead and I'll make sure I get a new handset, as it was in the warranty period.

For reference:

Work order number- **removed**

Model- 9810

IMEI NO- **removed**

And the cell has been given to the service centre in Vashi sector 17.

I demand for a brand new handset with the same warranty, that is 18 months all over again. Because the service now are way below the already degraded level. From a proud user, I am now ashamed of using your handset.

Edit: [ Order Number & IMEI ] removed. At no time should you provide any personal information to any other community member. Please review the Community Guidelines and Terms and Conditions of Use. for further information

All Replies
Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z10/Z30/Q10 (, Playbook (
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Poor service of the handset

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

As a user-to-user community, no one here can answer your question with any level of authority whatsoever. BlackBerry provides zero front line support to end users, including warranty...all support starts with the carriers, authorized resellers, and authorized service centers, all who can escalate cases into BlackBerry at no charge to the end user.

BSCF User Comm.JPG

So, your escalation path is not here, in these forums. Rather, it is through your place of purchase...even if they may have a poor reputation. You have no free path by which to bypass them.

There is something called incident support, but it costs to just ask the initial question, since you are bypassing the contract you signed upon purchase. If you wish to investigate that, you can review it here:

There also might be some good reading here:

Good luck!

Special through 31-Oct-2015 -- 10% Discount at ShopBlackBerry.com! Click here for details.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? click here and also here. Please click here for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button.