Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Vodafone

Position of email signature varies

[ Edited ]

I have only recently purchased my 9800 - my first ever Blackberry.  I am using it with BTInternet for my email.  This is working well - surprisingly well.

However, I have noticed that the position of my email signature varies when reply to or /forwarding on an email.

When sending, the email signature is correctly positioned at the foot of my message.

When replying to or forwarding on an email I have received in HTML format, again my signature is correctly placed at the foot of my reply/forward message.

However, when replying to or forwarding on an email I have received in what I believe to be plain text format, my signature is placed at the foot of the very first message in the thread.  It is as if the 9800 has wrapped up the entire message (reply/forward + originating texts) and place the signature at the very bottom.

This does not happen if I reply to/forward on the same email using BTInternet.  So it would seem to be a Torch issue.

Any ideas?

Solutions: 6,135
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Position of email signiture varies

I have never seen any options for the placement of the signature in a forwarded or reply email.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

Re: Position of email signature varies

Thanks for your reply.  Nor can I find any options to set the position of my signature.  But for sure, the placement changes depending upon the format of the received email !!

Solutions: 6,135
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

I'll have to test this to see.... thanks for the heads up.

Of course, most of us don't normally view the email which we send. :smileyhappy:

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

Thanks for your post and appreciate your help.

Viewing the sent email came about during a discussion on why some emails indicated that they were sent from a Blackberry device, where others did not.  It was while looking at this the discrepancy of signature position was noticed.

Look forward to hearing what you find out with your testing.