Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800

Post Codes on Contacts

I cant seem to enter alpha on the Post Code field on Contact it only displays numbers on the touch screen I have to slide out the keyboard to enter.

(Im in UK by the way)

Thanks very much

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Re: Post Codes on Contacts

When in Contacts, there should be a keyboard displayed at the bottom of the screen.  Clicking on it should display a full virtual keyboard, with one of the keys displaying "!?123"  and the rest of the keyboard displaying letters.

Are you saying that's not what you see on yours?

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor

Thanks for quick reply BillJ

The Virtual Keyboard is there when I enter name and address, twon, county when I move onto the Post Code field the virtual keyboard changes to a numeric virtual keyboard and I can only enter numbers. to the left of teh '7' key is a key which has abc on it but it does not change.

The Only way I can enter UK post codes is to use the slide out keyboard.

I just wondered was my difficulty because in US the POst Codes are only numeric.

Anyway thanks for help

Andrew

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

[ Edited ]

Sorry to hear that the problem still persists, Andrew.

Before walking away from it, try a battery pull.  With your phone powered on, remove the battery then replace it a few seconds later.  This may or may not solve the problem but at the very least it'll speed up your phone and allow it to run smoother.  (And look at how much nicer your life will be if it does solve the problem!)  :smileyhappy:

WAIT!!!!  I just thought of something else.

On your homescreen, go to Options>Typing and Input>Language>Input Language and change it to English (UK).  Press the menu button after that and select Save.

See if that solves the problem.

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor

Thanks for help

Neither seem to work perhaps iits just a quirk

Anyway thanks again

Andrew