Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Visitor
Markey
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: Bmobile

Problem With Blackberry Torch 9800 Media Gallery

HI peeps my blackberry is taking pics and recording vids and is not storing them in the media gallery. However you are seeing the content when it is plugged into the pc...... How do you restore the media gallery storage PLEASE HELP

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
hmthepirate
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Problem With Blackberry Torch 9800 Media Gallery

Hello Markey and welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.

Sorry to hear you are having media issues with your BlackBerry® Torch™ 9800 smartphone.

If you remove the battery and media card, then reinsert both, does this still happen?

Do you get an error when you capture a photo or record a video?

If you were to add new media from your computer to your phone, are you able to see that new media on your phone? 

Thanks!

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Johnvdm
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: MTN

I suspect we are having the same problem.  

When I go to Media>Options(Blackberry logo)>Explore>Device, the home folder seems to have gotten hidden and I have to select show hidden under the options to see it.  When I highlight the home folder than and press options(blackberry logo)>propertiees, the option to unhide it is greyed out.  I suspect that this why my media isn't showing up in the media apps since it is all stored in folders in the home folder.  Can you please check to see if this is the case with your device as well?  I haven't found a way to unhide the folder yet, but at least this will isolate the problem so that we know which questions to ask the good people at Blackberry.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
hmthepirate
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Johnvdm wrote:

I suspect we are having the same problem.  

When I go to Media>Options(Blackberry logo)>Explore>Device, the home folder seems to have gotten hidden and I have to select show hidden under the options to see it.  When I highlight the home folder than and press options(blackberry logo)>propertiees, the option to unhide it is greyed out.  I suspect that this why my media isn't showing up in the media apps since it is all stored in folders in the home folder.  Can you please check to see if this is the case with your device as well?  I haven't found a way to unhide the folder yet, but at least this will isolate the problem so that we know which questions to ask the good people at Blackberry.

Hello Johnvdm and welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.

I checked my media folder and mine is not hidden nor can I hide it.

Do you use a media card or only use the internal memory to store your media files? 

If you connect to your computer using Mass Storage are you able to access the folder properties and unhide the folder?

Let me know!

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Johnvdm
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: MTN

The phone saved my media on the device memmory by default, so I had to copy everything over to the media card file by file (quite the undertaking) and I also had to change the settings on the desktop software to save the files from a media sync to the media card and not the device memmory which was the default setting.  Now the media is being picked up by the music and video player apps, but this seems more like a bypass than a fix.  There are other folders also in the hidden home folder and I would rather not wait to see why I would need them to be unhidden.

I run windows 7 ultimate on my PC and have it set to show any hidden files on the entire system which is how I prefer it, but when I connect my device using the USB drive option I cannot see the hidden folders on the device memmory, only those on the media card, which is a major part of the problem.  I can only view the folders on the device by selecting the show hidden option.  It has me completely baffeled, but I also have theory.

I do know a little bit about programming and such, so I might be right with this, but for the same reason I can also be spectacularly wrong, but here it is.  I suspect that some built in security feature or a downloaded app (virus has crossed my mind, but it's highly unlikely), has somehow hidden the home folder, and now the same function that would normally prevent me from hiding the home folder, which normally cant be hidden, is now preventing me from unhiding.  But whether I'm right or wrong, I still cant do anything about it.  Google tells me that I'm not the only one with this exact same problem on the exact same device.

PS: A software update didn't help.  It did fix the wacko camera, but the home folder is still hidden.

Please use plain text.