Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Visitor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Indosat

Problem retrieving bbm contacts - don't want to reinvite all of my contacts. Pls help!

Hi all,

So I bought a Torch 9800 yesterday and my data was backed up and everything by the vendor and everything has been restored just fine...until I tried to chat via bbm. Everytime I try to chat with anyone on my bbm contacts it would ask me to reinvite them. Now I'm sure that this is a cliche problem and I've googled for solutions. So I've tried resending service books, I tried changing device from my carrier's site (Indosat - Indonesia), I tried restoring from my email backup (which has worked previously when I updated my BBM on my old Bold with noooo problem at all) but nothing has worked so far!

My last hope was restoring from my Blackberry Desktop manager (which was installed when I was using my Bold) BUT when I tried to connect my Torch..the desktop mgr would immediately crash!!!!

I'm not sure why..and I'm pretty much in despair now because I thought that the desktop was my only hope left..and now it's failed me too!

I'm downloading the latest desktop manager now..but I'm thinking that if I link this newly downloaded desktop mgr to my Torch..wouldn't it lose the point of the whole SWITCHING DEVICE process in the first place??

So pleasee pleasee..shed me some light. Is it really too late for me to restore my contacts w/o having to reinvite at all?

Thank you in advance! =D