Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
mikejduk
My Device: Storm 9500

Problem with app compatibility for my Torch 9860

Hi there,

My bank, the Cooperative Bank Ltd, here in the UK, recently released an app for their customers that can be used on smart phones and specifically Blackberry phones.  When I tried to download it from App world I was advised the app was not compatible with my particular BB model. 

I can only surmise they still have me registered under my original old phone as I now have the BB 9860 Torch touch phone which is less than a year old.  Surely this model isn't too old for the latest apps?  Appreciate your advice on this :smileyhappy:

Getting contact with anyone that can help on the BB AppWorld or the main BB site is impossible. It's the worse site I have ever been on for obtaining help.

Regards
mikejduk

JSanders
Solutions: 5,978
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Problem with app compatibility for my Torch 9860

Actually, it's more likely that your bank has not updated their app for the 9860 model. Your model is among the newest and most advanced BlackBerrys.

You can contact the developer of the app right from AppWorld, to ask them for a 9860 upgrade or simply could they send you a 9860 link outside of AppWorld.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
mikejduk
My Device: Storm 9500

Re: Problem with app compatibility for my Torch 9860

Many thanks for your swift response.