Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
drewww
My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: att

Problem with app world

I updated my BB App world and all the apps i purchased are not listed.  Only the BB apps.  Also I tried to update facebook and it disappeared from my phone.  I have deleted FB and tried to reinstall, but I can't find it.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tracyking
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Problem with app world

I tried downloading an app, it says i've paid for it but it says uninstalled and i can't "reinstall" it. It sounds like the same problem you are having
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
Wolf359
My Device: Q10 / Playbook

So if you go to app world and click on my world, none of your purchased apps are listed?

For facebook, can you try installing using the desktop manager?

http://helpblog.blackberry.com/2011/02/add-and-remove-blackberry-apps/

Here is another way of trying to install facebook:

http://us.blackberry.com/specifications/social/facebook.html#tab-1

My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

What you both need to do is open your BlackBerry App World icon on your phone.  Once there, click My World then click the menu key and select Refresh List.  Any apps that you previously paid for will appear as Uninstalled and you'll have the option to reinstall them for free.

As for the vanished facebook icon, go to your Applications list on your phone and find the app.  Highlight it with your cursor, press the menu key and select Delete.  Once it's deleted, remove your battery while your phone is powered on then replace it.  Next, on your phone's browser type www.blackberry.com/facebook and select either link that is offered (one links to App World, one does not).  That should put facebook back on your phone.

I hope that helps you both.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
drewww
My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: att

refresh list didn't work, nor the hard reboot.  But I did find out my quickpul app now doesn't work either.  I deleted the facebook through app world, will try through settings next time.  Never could find the icon, and never showed up in "search".

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
Wolf359
My Device: Q10 / Playbook

See if you can reinstall facebook directly from http://rroyy.com/ota/ from your blackberry