Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Contributor
wpscheff
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Problems with car charger

If I don't use AT & T Nav then it typically will charge OK (lightning bolt). However, that's exactly when I NEED to have it charge so I don't drain my battery while traveling. I'm pretty sure it has to do with apps that are running with probably the most intensive being AT & T Nav. Wish someone had a solution!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
wpscheff

I figured out that the problem occurs when the battery gets warm, either from sunlight or air temperature.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rdnkwman
My Device: Curve 8520

I just experienced almost the same thing! The battery on my torch has been losing power very quickly, lately. Only held a charge for about 3-4 hours. This weekend I went on a road trip and used my Navigator for the 1st  time. I also just bought my car, so it was new to me also. Front lighter doesn't work, so I got a 10ft. 12V cord, plugged it into the back seat charger and put my phone on it, with a USB cable adapter. About an hour into my trip, I noticed my phone was hot! Took it off the charger and battery lost power within a 1/2 hour. I thought it might be the GPS, so I plugged it in again. About an hour and a 1/2 later, my phone was really hot, the batter died, and had to buy a new battery! Now my phone will not charge at all, without taking the battery out and putting it on a desk charger! 

I have no idea what caused this! Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

Maria

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rdnkwman
My Device: Curve 8520

First ttime I used the At&T Navigator was this weekend. My phone would not hold a charge, and the battery ended up totally fried with the car charger!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
wpscheff

I've discovered the problem, at least in my case, is the phone gets warm in my vehicle and there is apparently something built into the Blackberry to stop charging when the phone exceeds a certain internal temperature.

Please use plain text.