Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
deedeedianne
My Device: 9860
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Problems

I have had my phone not even a year now and the list of problems with this phone are endless! I have had the charging block break, the phone now says insert sim card all the time and only ever works on the off chance and then I have updated the software and the phone will not even turn on properly. I have had enough of this phone now for the past 4 months I have had to use another cheap £10 phone becuase of all these problems but my network provider is saying all this is caused by myself. Which I do not understand.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Problems

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Hmmm...an interesting report from your provider. Did they perhaps give you any reason beyond those words? For instance, if they are stating that there is user-caused physical damage, then that indeed would void your warranty. Further, at an internet distance, it's really rather difficult to second guess an evaluation made by someone with the device in their hands. But, from what you describe, physical damage certainly could be the cause...there could be others, but it's certainly possible. In any event, I think you need to keep working with your warranty provider to see if there is any way you can escalate and perhaps get that judgment overturned.

There also might be some good reading here:

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
deedeedianne
My Device: 9860
My Carrier: T-Mobile

They said that it was my fault that the charging block came lose because I was pulling my charger out of my phone (Well what am I supposed to do?) I sent it back to T-Mobile and they said this was my fault and caused by internal damage on the phone from me dropping it! They told me I could not fix this phone and I would have to make do (I had another 18 months left on my contract) At this time I had only had the phone something like 6 months. I was fuming, I ended up taking the phone to a shop round the corner and had this fixed. The phone was fine for about a month then I t messed up again and started saying insert sim card, this happened sometimes and then worked sometimes when the phone turned off and would not work again. I took it to the shop and they could not fix it and said it was basically ruined, the phone now also says that the device software and memory card are not working, I cannot use any of the pictures or the camera or anything like that. I got the phone on yesterday was working fine and then asked for a software update, I did this and now the phone switches on and then off all the time, will not stay on! It is so frustrating paying for this phone every month! I think I am going to claim on my banks insurance and try it this way as I cannot cope with this phone for another 12 months until I have an upgrade in November 2013.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

From all you describe, I think that, at this internet-distance, there is no way we can second guess the various parties who have had your BB in their hands. Consequently, your current approach of using your insurance coverage is I believe your best bet.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.