Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Regular Contributor
magellan
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Telus
Accepted Solution

Profile notifiers

Good day,

What are each of the following notifiers for:

Level 1

PIN

BlackBerry Messenger Alert

BlackBerry Messenger Groups

BlackBerry New Message

Also, I would like my Torch to alert me when I receive a new text message or BBM but when I’m in the middle of replying to that  person and if by chance that same person sends me another message, I don’t want to hear another alert.  It’s annoying when I’m typing away and I keep on hearing constant alert sounds.  How can I change the setting to do this?

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jamead1981
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: EE (Orange)

Re: Profile notifiers

Ok here goes..

Level 1 messages - high importance emails, PIN and SMS sent a high importance

PIN Messages - A message sent blackbberry to blackberry like a text message but using the persons PIN rather than their phone number

Blackberry Messenger is the built in IM program for Blackberry to Blackberry chat

BlackBerry Messenger Alert - New request to add you to someones Blackberry Messenger list

BlackBerry Messenger Groups - New message, picture etc for any Blackberry Messenger Group you belong to

BlackBerry New Message - new one-2-one message received via Blackberry Messenger,

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
magellan
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Telus

Thanks jamead1981 for the explanation.

As for my other question I asked, to receive one alert for new BB message and not receive subsequent alert for messages sent by the same person, I should set PIN off and BlackBerry Messenger New Message on.  Is this correct?  Although I guess if I turned the PIN off then my BB friends can't use the PING feature to alert me.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jamead1981
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: EE (Orange)

You will receive an alert for each subsequent message a contact sends you unless you have the app open I believe.

Please use plain text.