Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Contributor
copperbeech
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: BM

RESTORE wont finish when doing an update

I have a 9800 with Bell Mobility in Canada and while backing up up the phone using the Blackberry Desktop Software I was prompted about an update to the OS, specifically 6.0 Bundle 3049 (from Bundle 2647). I proceeded to do the upgrade and all seemed to be going fine i.e.

- Backup (complete)
- Install (complete)
- Reboot (complete)

But the Restore has been in 'progress' for too long now with the green progress bar seeming to be stuck at around 90% to the end but now always showing

Database: Enhanced Gmail Plug-in (1 of 1 items)

(On the grey screen of the phone there only appears the 'icon' for a computer and the phone but no connection between the two)

Do I let it continue the night?

At what point do I disconnect and then how do I proceed?

Thanks for your advice.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
Wolf359
My Device: Q10 / Playbook

Re: RESTORE wont finish when doing an update

I'd say do a battery pull if its been stuck that long.

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the reply. So I disconnected my TORCH from the computer and it rebooted fine but it clearly had not completed the RESTORE as all messages are missing, no favourites showing, no longer connects to the default home network....

Now I back up regularly using the BB desktop software so I am thinking as a first step is to do a RESTORE using DM?

But as I recall I think I have it setup that when I connect the phone to the computer it automatically does a backup of the BUT in this instance I don't want this to happen as will it not overwirite the most recent complete backup...the one I want to restore to my phone? 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
copperbeech

[ Edited ]

UPDATE: A RESTORE using DM appears to have everything in its right place except one thing I notice is that nol BBM messages appear :smileysurprised:

Please use plain text.