Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Contributor
dbrice
My Device: 9800 Torch

RIM Slashes Price of Torch

RIM has slashed the price of the Torch to $99.  Amazon is now selling it for that price but ATT still has it for $199.  I am going to see if ATT will rebate me the $100 or I will take the phone back and buy it from Amazon.  Here is a link for the article:

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/203372/rim_halves_blackberry_torch_price_to_boost_sale...

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: RIM Slashes Price of Torch

Double check the requirements, many have reported that they dont meet them.

Also check the price of the calling plan. I hear it is more expensive than AT&T.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor
Jrnygirl
My Device: BlackBerry® Torch™ 9800

I just called up ATT and complained. They were not willing to do anything for me until I threatened to return the phone, pay the $325 cancellation fee and never return. Then they offered a measly $25 credit, I said no I'll cancel and they uped it to $50.  It's not great but it is some money back!!!

Contributor
dbrice

After thinking about this, it is not ATT who should refund us it should be RIM.  ATT was not the one who lowered the price.

If there are any RIM Employees who monitor this board: can you let us know if RIM will be sending us a refund?

Contributor
dbrice

After doing a bit more research I found out that Amazon is the one who has been selling it for $99 from day one.  RIM is saying that they did not drop the price.

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

And if you leave contract you have to pay full price of device.

read the fine print.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Developer
traigo
My Device: Torch 9800

I got mine yesterday through wirefly.  I had to have a minimum family 700 plan.  I already had a bold 9000 and grandfathered into the ATT unlimited data plan for $30 and they let me keep it.  The phone was $99.  The fine print:

I can't change my wireless plan to one of a lower monthly cost (wirefly must get a kickback) for 6 months

I can't drop the family plan to a single plan (I was planning to do so in a few months when the contract is up on one of the lines as it's no longer used)

If I cancel my contract before it's up, no only do I owe ATT "up to $325" but I will also owe wirefly the full price of the device.

In all, it will cost me $220 with the price of the phone, but $120 is spread out $20/mo for the next 6 months rather than paying $199 now.  I don't have a problem with keeping the line another 2 months before dropping it, i won't cancel my contract, and I use all 700 minutes of the lowest family talk plan.

Contributor
carlparker
My Device: Torch 9800

I received an instant in store discount on my Torch of $50.00 from the sales person.

Contributor
jsm555
My Device: Not Specified

my daughter just bought a torch through at&t, paid $199 - when i ordered mine the next day (same at&t account) it was just $99. my wife tried to order one the following day and they wanted $199 - all three are on the same account, all three are upgrades from 8310's all bought at the same time. when my wife told at&t that i'd only paid $99, they argued with her, said that i was paying $199 - my invoice (and amex charge slip) says $99 - it's good to know that at&t employees are just as incompetent as they ever were :-)

Regular Contributor
CrypticAzn
My Device: BB Torch 9800 v6.0, Bundle 2647 / BB Desktop Mgr v6.1.0.35 (bundle 34)

The toll free/corporate AT&T sucks; they told me I wasn't qualified for an upgrade for my Curve 8310 to the Torch, even though they would give me one for the iPhone. WTF?  That's like going to a Ford dealership, expecting to buy a Ford Mustang, and having them try to sell me a Chevy Cavalier! LOL

So I went to a local AT&T store instead, got the phone for $199, and since they couldn't give it to me any lower, the store manager gave me roughly $50 worth of accessories to go with it.  They did this cuz' if they showed a $50+ credit/discount on the invoice, corporate would have their heads... So they worked around the system and showed an in-store instead of corporate deal so the accessories would go unnoticed.  I got a car charger, case/holster, and a bluetooth headset, PLUS the Torch - for $199.

Try the local AT&T store; can't be as lame as corporate dorks who are in it for the $$.  My local store was all about customer service. :smileyvery-happy:

~^~ CrypticAzn ~^~
- Pls. click on the LIKE button of this post if I was able to help you in some way. Thanks!
- If I've helped resolve your issue, don't forget to go to the top-right of this post and click on "OPTIONS > ACCEPTED SOLUTION". Thanks!
- See my profile for helpful links!