Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
steve07
My Device: Blackberry
My Carrier: Vodafone

RIM emails

Hi, hope somebody can help.

One of our IT support customers called up recently saying they are getting the following BB emails to their outlook:

Subject: RIM_bca28a80-e9c0-11d1-87fe-00600811c6a2

This message is used to carry data between the BlackBerry handheld and an associated server. Please do not delete, move or respond to this message - it will be processed by the server.

BEGINETP 191

AXImPAIAAAAAIBAIMjFjN2JhNzUgHGphbWVzLmxvbWF4QGJhY2tob3VzZXMuY28udWsAc+ZL

vFAFQ0lDQUwDQICAgIB6AAAwRkE3QTQ4QzgrRys0ALDOnmy78WMnU9Pv+MTtdIEAGWmqFDqP

HyEh45Q6mVu2zgjKv1zOhEnqHdbJmrk7aeAtp42zLHk7SdrAQbIy1cYup/GlM7yQPRhrU+Fk

4isIPgIId5/V3xT8x/oId9TU+DKy8GVtSWHVgGs!

ENDETP 315612988

I have searched the forum and have found similiar threads with solutions, however the problem is is that he sold his blackberry over a year ago and has not used it since then (he has an iPhone now) Only recently has he started receiving these emails, which is strange.

He has fully uninstalled Blackberry Desktop Manage that was left on his PC, but still emails come through. 

Other solutions I have found were to go through steps on the Blackberry itself, however because he does not own the Blackberry anymore he is not able to access this and try these.

Any suggeestions would be great. :smileyhappy:

Thanks 

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: RIM emails

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
steve07

Hi, thanks for quick reply. 

Most of these seem to be steps to take on the Blackberry itself. If he does not ahve access to blackberry anymore i'm not sure what I can possibly do from this list?

many thanks

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

maybe time for an outlook rule to delete them or a spam filter rule for that person

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
steve07

Ok thanks for reply, i'll try give it a go. 

If anyone else has had similiar issue please let me know if there are any other ways I can also try.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

i know someone that has been getting them for years, they used the Firewall on device to block them.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.