Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Contributor
chestunatto
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Recent history not deleted - privacy problem?!

I had exchanged some texts with someone the other day who is in my contact address book and they got a little "sensitive" so at the end of the texts exchanges I deleted them and there is nothing in my text message showing that we had exchanged these texts, although there are loads of texts in there from other people.

Today, I went into my contacts to text this person again, and when I went to the contact I saw one of those "sensitive" texts under the recent activity panel in that contact's entry.

I searched high and low for the text in the text messages but it's not there. I selected the "phantom" text from the recent activity panel and tried to delete it but I can't! It's as if I can't get rid of it.

I would like to stress you don't see this in your text messages box but in your recent history and it also turns up in the search when I type that contact's name, but I can't see the actual text anywhere!

I have tested this with other texts which I have deleted and then can't find them, but what do you think is happening here?

This could be dangerous if you think you have deleted "sensitive" texts which you don't want anyone else to see but they could still be on your Torch!

Any thoughts!?

G

Contributor
chestunatto

Re: Recent history not deleted - privacy problem?!

UPDATE !!!!

I have even deleted that person as a contact and when I go into search and type the first couple of letters of the contact's name, it still comes up, albeit without their name but their number AND that "sensitive" text message !! :smileymad:

Contributor
chestunatto

Re: Recent history not deleted - privacy problem?!

Guys,

Found it..... the offending text message was in my "SAVED MESSAGE" folder.... Naughty boy I am!