Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9860
My Carrier: Tunetalk Malaysia
Accepted Solution

Reconcile and service books missing

[ Edited ]

Dear community, I have a problem with my BB 9860, v7.1. After setting up my company email, I quickly figured that the email don't reconcile although wireless reconcile was turned on. Calendar and tasks also didn't reconcile and not even the option to do so was given. According the some postings I read in this forum my desktop service book is missing. I tried to re-register in my host routing table with a hard reset and also asked my network provider to resend me the service books. However so far no desktop service book has been showing up and it is still not possible to reconcile. At the moment I am not sure how to proceed. Any experiences or ideas you can share with me? Thanks so much.

P.S.: I have as well tried the version to delete the service books via the desktop software before re-registering to the network.

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2582), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Reconcile and service books missing

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Please specify the exact SERVER side configuration...BES? OWA? POP? IMAP? Something else? Functionality with the BB is 100% dependent on the server-side configuration...so it's impossible to tell you what should and should not work without knowing that.

Thanks and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9860
My Carrier: Tunetalk Malaysia

Thank you for your reply and your welcome to the community.

By right the guideline from my IT department was to set up an OWA account, however when I gave them my phone for setting it up they used an IMAP.

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2582), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

So, you are set up now and all is well? It is hard to tell for sure, and you have marked this thread as solved. But, just in case, here is reference for what should and should not work for various email services:

• KB05133 Email reconciliation features for the BlackBerry Internet Service

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code