Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Contributor
JerBru
My Device: storm2
My Carrier: telus

Recover Lost/Stolen Torch 9860

My Torch 9860 is lost or stolen and I would like to recover it for the schedules and appointments on it (Pocket Informant), expense records (Exgis Expense and Milage Tracker).

Yes it was backed up and current and I had BB Protect.

The backup files that I need are only readable by the relevant app.

BB Protect stopped working when I upgraded to Z10 and ended the carrier plan on the Torch.

I carried the phone to the US because it was unlocked with a Roam Mobility sim card installed for calls/texts in the US.

Any suggestions to help me locate this phone?

Does Blackberry keep track of PIN numbers as this may be a means to locate it if someone tries to get a carrier plan?

Can  advise BB of this and where?

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Recover Lost/Stolen Torch 9860

To recover the phone is now impossible with the absence of any BIS capabilities as it's BIS that allows your phone to be tracked and also allows you to backup your files. Sure, Telus has the technology to track your phone via cell tower triangulating but they won't do it. What you now need to concentrate on is calling Telus and getting your phone's PIN, SIM card and IMEI blocked so nobody else will be able to use your phone or rack up charges on your SIM card in another phone. Call Telus immediately. Keep us posted. :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
JerBru
My Device: storm2
My Carrier: telus

Re: Recover Lost/Stolen Torch 9860

Thanks for your reply. 

This is as expected. 

However charges cannot be run up because I had a pay as you go simple card not from Telus. Someone can add more services but only on their credit card.

Thanks again.

Please use plain text.