Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Optus

Recovering deleted text messages and mms messages

Hi,
I have a bb torch, need to recover deleted text and mms from about a month or 2 ago, since those messages were deleted, there has been a lot of text message activity and deletion.The corporation i work for has sent the device off to 'forensics' (not sure who to)

What is the likelyhood of these texts being recovered?off the device or the sim card

I do not have a backup file

I dont think i had the 'save to sim' option checked.

Thanks

Forums Veteran I
My Device: BlackBerry 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Recovering deleted text messages and mms messages

One of the claims to fame of the BlackBerry device is the security it affords us., especially business users.

While there may indeed be a way for RIM to recover said messages from their servers, as an ordinary user, once those messages are deleted, they are gone with no way to retrieve.

Good luck!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Your carrier has a copy of those SMS. But I know they usually refuse to accept it, except when the police asks for them.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

I dont believe they are on any of the servers, thats why its been sent to forensics.

Doe the blackberry not have an internal memory thing where all the deleted stuff goes? Like a computer of other phone??

Whilst searching for the texts myself i used the search function = nothing

I went through each an every folder (sms ibox, outbox, deleted etc etc) all said *no messages*

Have tried the carrier (my corporation has) and they only keep them for 90 days.

What about all those companies on the net and the programs advertised to recover everything of sims and phone's? are they pretty much scam?

Thanks all

Guru I

well, pay the price and you'll know if they're scam :smileyhappy:

it is unfortunate that you did not do frequent backups of your device, especially for a corporate device.

I do a backup every week, and some colleagues do that every day.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

well for anyone that wants to know the rock solid answer.

Its NO.

The phone has been to 2 of the best mobile phone forensic organisations here and neither was able to recover anything.

Anything that they recovered was encrypted and there is no way around the encryption.

Guru I

Can you name those organisations?

My Device: charm&7100t
My Carrier: smartphone

[ Edited ]

If you have already backed up your iPhone with iTunes, you can recover deleted text messages by the following steps using iTunes:
Click the File menu and select Devices > Restore from Back up.
Or
Open the iOS device's Summary tab. There are two ways to access this:
Click the device button in the upper right corner. (If viewing the iTunes Store, click the Library button in the upper right corner. The device button will then be visible.)
From any view in iTunes, click the View menu and select Show Sidebar. Select your iOS device in iTunes under Devices.
Click the Restore Backup button.

If haven't had time to back up your iPhone before the deletion, there are also two methods for you to try:
1. Recover the text messages directly using a third party software;
2. Recover the text messages under DFU mode.

If haven't had time to back up your iPhone before the deletion, there are also two methods for you to retrieve deleted messages of iPhone:
1. Recover the text messages directly using a third party software;
2. Recover the text messages under DFU mode.

Read more: How to Recover Deleted MMS from iPhone 5s/5c/5/4S/4/3GS