Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Developer
rocmon
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + 64GB MicroSD
My Carrier: Rogers

Recovering from error error 102

Some background;

Device: 9810/7.0.0.353(B1672)

I had a duplicate BBM group which pertually said 'Waiting to join" - getting myself removed and added again did not resolve...

I did some google searches and someone suggested removing the BBM application and then adding it again via AppWorld. This seemed reasonable so I proceeded (without a fresh device backup - only a very stale 5 month old one somewhere on one of my machines)

The removal took a while, installing took even longer... and ended in an Error 102.

Desperate to try and recover my data (inbox), I used Javaloader re selectively remove (erase) modules near the fatal point in the eventlog.

In the end, I got the device to load, but the data gone... I got most of the vitals from BB Protect, but the device is very unstable - can't send messages... splats appear inconsistently and I just want to start over before I drown in my tears :smileysad:

Any guidance would be appreciated!

Rocco 

peace and love
Please use plain text.
Developer
rocmon
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + 64GB MicroSD
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Recovering from error error 102

So, I decided to forget about my inbox... I installed a fresh device build and restored from BB Protect. Not perfect but acceptable :smileyindifferent:
peace and love
Please use plain text.