Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
Bigstan80
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: 3 - UK

Red Light, Constantly Reboots - No solution in over 4years!!!!

I have been trying to fix my cousins BB Torch 9800 for some time now but with no luck from anywhere on the net. Should really just throw it away but I think RIM should take some responsibilty as it has been happening for years and on various models, with what I can find, no help from RIM!!

The red light came on and now it just constantly reboots, and doesnt seem to charge properly.

IT wont connect to DM, Jl comander and other programs like that as it constantly reboots.

IT is not the battery as I have tried 3.

IT is not the charger, tried others.

IT is not the PC or USB cable/power, tried various.

It will connect via app loader and will try to reinstall the OS but only gets to the "Reconnecting to JVM" stage and loses connection because when it restarts the rebooting loop kicks in again.

I have tried with and without the battery. Some people have have success adding the battery at various stages during apploader but MANY have not, including myself.

Is this a recognised problem by RIM or is it better looked at in another thread or document??

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
ghostryder
My Device: Torch 9800 .246/.448/.526/.666/.706

Re: Red Light, Constantly Reboots - No solution in over 4years!!!!

Bigstan80 wrote:

I have been trying to fix my cousins BB Torch 9800 for some time now but with no luck from anywhere on the net. Should really just throw it away but I think RIM should take some responsibilty as it has been happening for years and on various models, with what I can find, no help from RIM!!

The red light came on and now it just constantly reboots, and doesnt seem to charge properly.

IT wont connect to DM, Jl comander and other programs like that as it constantly reboots.

IT is not the battery as I have tried 3.

IT is not the charger, tried others.

IT is not the PC or USB cable/power, tried various.

It will connect via app loader and will try to reinstall the OS but only gets to the "Reconnecting to JVM" stage and loses connection because when it restarts the rebooting loop kicks in again.

I have tried with and without the battery. Some people have have success adding the battery at various stages during apploader but MANY have not, including myself.

Is this a recognised problem by RIM or is it better looked at in another thread or document??

If JL_Cmder does not work, follow this instructional:
http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/What_to_do_next_if_Jl_Cmder_will_not_connect_and_wipe

Follow BBOSGhostryder on Twitter
Don't forget to click on the Like button if you like the answer to your post and/or click on "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved.
Live your life in such away that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, satan shudders & says..."Oh **** he's awake".
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Bigstan80

Thanks ghostryder but I have tried this already.

I can get to erase and load the OS to the BB, but after that the aploader initiates a reboot and the BB goes back into its restarting loop, then it doesnt connect again and the 'Reconnecting to JvM' fails.

The /NOJVM does not appear to work. I have tried running cmd and the .exe itself as Administrator but still it doesnt seem to work.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

i would uninstall teh os on your PC and download it again, possible it is corrupt

possible you have a bad device too if a different OS does the same when loading

have you tried to load OS with out a SIM card or mem card installed?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Bigstan80

Thanks for the reply knottyrope.

Unfortunately Ive already  tried different computer and laptops with no luck.

I did try your suggestion of no sim and memory card installed, but again the same problem. Once apploader resets the device, the BB loses its connection and goes back to the rebooting loop, so the install process wont finish.

Please use plain text.