Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: Bsnl

Release my bb pin

Hi, I was using a bsnl sim and now want to switch over to idea sim. For the first day everything went normal and I activated bbm services to my idea sim. From second day my phone started asking for my blackberry Id and password but when I am entering it's not accepting it. I searched on Internet and then asked bsnl support system to release my bb pin But after sending all my details bsnl support is saying that they do not have any details regarding my sim for bb services. What should I do??
New Contributor

Re: Release my bb pin

I am using torch 9810
Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2744), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Hello,

Given that your services worked fine on Idea for that first day, then it is doubtful that your PIN is still associated to BNSL. So, you need to work now with Idea to find out why you can no longer receive the services you are paying them for.

Concerning the rejection of your BB ID, what is the exact error message you are receiving when you try? What that says may well guide us to the right resolution path for you, but telling us "it's not accepting it" doesn't give us anything to go on. Please provide the exact and complete error message, including all punctuation, error codes, etc.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

When i enter my idea sim. First of all It allowed me ten attempts for the password and after trying all ten attempts now exactly it says as following : First There is a blue screen which asks me for black berry Id sign in saying you are using a new Sim card. Sign in and get more services from your blackberry services. then when I enter my Id and password and enter sign in. It says ! "Unable to login to your BlackBerry ID account" with an only option of OK. While there is a blue screen on my phone which I cannot escape from I can hear incoming message tone which I can read when I put back my bsnl sim as at that time there is no asking for blackberry Id or password.
New Contributor

When I enter my bsnl sim every time I get a message saying "your handheld has been registered with the wireless network" which I am not sure I receive with idea sim or bsnl sim. I can read messages only with bsnl sim.
Hall of Famer II

So, contrary to what you originally said, it never worked correctly with your Idea SIM? If that's the case, then indeed it may be that BSNL has not released your BB PIN from their system...until they do, Idea cannot provide you with services.

You may need to contact BSNL again, and escalate with them to resolve it. If necessary, request escalation into RIM for enhanced support.

Oh...and one more thing...is your BB properly unlocked? See this for reference:

Oh...and another thing...from all I can find, the Idea system does not natively support the 9810, in which case it is unlikely that their system will be able to deliver to your BB the proper Service Books so that all your BIS-level services can function via the Idea network. Operating a BB on a carrier network that does not natively support the specific BB model is very tricky indeed, and perhaps may never work anyway. So, I recommend you check that out (with Idea...ask them if they can support your specific model BB for BIS) before proceeding much further anyway. (Oddly, I don't find that BSNL natively supports the 9810 either, which brings into question how it ever worked correctly on their network.)

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

The handset is unlocked. Can you please tell me how can I request escalation into RIM for enhanced support. But my idea sim worked for about 24 hours in my handset I don't know how!! I have again requested bsnl to release ten pin but Still is there any other way of sorting the problem as I have already wasted 4 days. I write to bsnl and then wait for 24 hours for their reply which is of no use....
Hall of Famer II

Sakshiankur wrote:
Can you please tell me how can I request escalation into RIM for enhanced support.

To reach RIM support for free, you must be escalated from either BSNL or Idea...end users have no direct path to receive free support direct from RIM. But, if the issue is at the carrier, RIM actually can't do anything about it...each carrier controls their own BIS system...RIM does not control it.

There is something called incident support with RIM, but it costs to just ask the initial question, since you are bypassing your contractually-required support contract. If you wish to investigate that, you can review it here:

Sakshiankur wrote:
But my idea sim worked for about 24 hours in my handset I don't know how!!

My guess is that you were operating over the Idea network, but using BSNL BIS services...sometimes that can work. But, one of them must have caught it and shut it down. After all, as I said, I doubt that you will ever be able to receive proper BIS services from Idea, given that their network does not natively support your specific model BB.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates