Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: O2

Removal of BES connection

I'm taking over my office blackberry as my personal phone and want to delete the BES link and replace it with BIS. How do I do this, or is it easier to get a new phone?

Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800 ( {695}) / Blackberry Curve 9360 ( {1555})
My Carrier: Bharti Airtel (India) / Vodafone (India)

Re: Removal of BES connection

Hi and welcome to the forums.
If your device was a BES device and you want to convert it to a BIS device there are simple steps to do this.
1) Wipe the handheld completely. In Options-> Security-> Security Wipe, you should be able to do so.
2) Contact your service provider and sign up for a blackberry plan.
3) After step 1 and 2 are complete, you should be able to set up your device for BIS Smiley Happy

Primary Phone - Blackberry Torch 9800 - Bharti Airtel (India) / Secondary Phone - Blackberry Curve 9360 - Vodafone (India) / Blackberry PlayBook 64GB
If you appreciate the help provided by my post, I would appreciate the "Like" Smiley Happy
If this post solves your problem, please mark "Accept As Solution".
Trusted Contributor
My Device: 8110
My Carrier: att

actually a security wipe does not remove BES IT policy from the bb which may cause issues, if you wish to wipe BES policy from the bb you have to do a reset to factory,  if you have the latest desktop software on pc(6.1) this is easy to do, click on the ? symbol on upper right of desktop software go to support resources and choose reset to factory..it is more difficult to do if you do not have that version of desktop software however

Regular Contributor
My Device: Torch 9850
My Carrier: Verizon

I recently used JL Commander and it worked perfectly to wipe the BES from my Torch 9850 including all policies, required password timings, etc.  Did a complete backup, ran the program (it took quite a while), restored the backup and I was back to where I was minus all of the BES components.  I had to re-establish my email and my third party apps required me to accept the EULAs again, etc. but I didnt have to re-install anything.