Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
silver5
My Device: 9810 BlackBerry Torch

Remove shortcut

Since I have preformed an update on my software for my BB Torch 9810 there are icons in my games folder that connect to a website and I cannot remove them? The update is softwareversion 7.1 package 2061. In my menu there is no remove button available. So how can I get rid of shortcuts that I don't want? (for games like bejeweld, poker game, tetris, who wants to be an Millionair  and bubble bash2

Thanks if you know the answer.

Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Re: Remove shortcut

Is there the option to hide them? Highlight one with your cursor but don't click it. Press your menu key and see if Hide is an option.

I hope that helps you. :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor
silver5

First thanks for your reply and yes I can hide them but i want to get rid of them, and if you hide them they are still on your phone (you only don't see them
It is a shortcut to for instance this page

http://www.blackberry.com/VirtualPreload/?url=http://89.39.191.14/bb/vdf/tetris_r040/Tetris.jad&lang...

I have changed the language to english by changing at the end nl (dutch) in en(english) so you can read it. but it seems that BB has approved third parties to place a link after an update? So is there anyone who know how to get rid of them at all?
New Contributor
silver5

I have found the solution for my problem and maybe also for other unwanted things (like extra calendars for facebook)
Go to Options select phone options than advanced options and service books
See if you can find your shortcut there or other program or calender (CICAL file) and choose from the menu button "delete" and that is the solution !
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Wireless service providers can push icons via the BlackBerry® Infrastructure directly to their subscribers which allow them to download and install the application. After the installation of the software has been completed, the pushed icon is then replaced with that of the now locally installed application.

Once you resend the service books, battery pull or an app world restart it will again return on the phone.

BESAdmins can block these on a corporate BES server via ITpolicy.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
silver5

I have just now rebooted my device and the icon's are still gone. So you can reboot your device without changes. I think that only if the service provider or BB resends the service books they will appear again, but if you have to complete the solution above only when there is a new software version (once a year?) I can live with that.
By the way these icons were not visible in app world ( i have tried to remove them with app world but could not find them there).
So I think this will work?
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

I gave up on them a while ago, if it works for you then keep at it

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V