Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

needsupport
My Device: Torch 9800

Reset Password - I have my secret answer...

Hello,

Could you tell me how to reset my password?

My blackberry ID is ...@blackberry.com so the email is been sent to this address which I can't access...

Thanks again!

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: Reset Password - I have my secret answer...

Try this:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB28111
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
needsupport

Thanks John!

But as my Blackberry email account is not created on my blackberry torch, I can't modify it to redirect it to a personnal email address as suggest in the workaround...

Any way to send a reset directly to my device ( by SMS or BBM or ??? )

Thanks again.

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

You need to follow the instructions in the KB I posted. You'll have to do it from the BIS login site for Rogers.

Follow the instructions in this link (included in the KB I posted above):

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB12837

and login here:

https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=rogers
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Guru I
John_Clark

The reset email doesn't get delivered via your BB since that would be a security gap if someone could get your phone, reset the password, receive the email on the device and change the password for your BBID account. It would be the same if you got it via SMS or BBM.
Guru I
John_Clark

After you get it reset I suggest you use log into bbid.com and change your email address to one that is not a hosted Blackberry address.
needsupport

I don't have a Rogers Internet Account...

They send me an email asking me to use my device to access Blackberry Internet Service!

I agree with you, as soon I have my access I will change my login to my personnal email...

I continue my search, if you have other suggestion let me know.

Thanks.

Guru I
John_Clark

If you have an @BlackBerry.com account and your carrier is Rogers, how is it that you don't have a Rogers BlackBerry Internet Service Account?

You have a BB data plan. Who is that plan with? What is the exact domain of the account? for example... @xxx.blackberry.com
needsupport

I have a Rogers Account but no Email Rogers Account or never been created.

I receive my personnal emails (@hotmail.com and @yahoo.com) directly.

Sorry, maybe something I don't understand???

Guru I
John_Clark

But above you said your email is an @Blackberry.com email account. I'm confused. What is the email account you used to sign up for a BBID?