Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

needsupport
My Device: Torch 9800

Re: Reset Password - I have my secret answer...

To access the Blackberry App World, I used my Blackberry email address ( ...@blackberry.com )

And I used this email address only to connect to the App World.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

And where did you set up this @Blackberry.com address? Are you sure it's not @rogers.blackberry.com or similar?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
needsupport

I'm sure...

And your system recognize me... because it asking me the secret question...  which I have the answer..

But he return the "email reset link" to my ...@blackberry.com address which I can't access..

10 goto 10    :smileyhappy:)))

If my secret answer is good he should ask me where I want to send the reset password link...

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

I'm trying to help you but I can't help you if you don't answer my questions.

Where did you set up this @blackberry.com address. Are you sure it's not @rogers.blackberry.com or similar? Please tell me exactly what the email address is after the @ symbol. @blackberry.com isn't enough. I need to know EXACTLY what it is after the @ symbol.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
needsupport

My BBID is only ...@blackberry.com no Rogers or something else...

I know I could create a @rogers.bleckberry.com address but I never did.

As mentionned, your system recognize my BBID (...@blackberry.com ) because

when I try to reset my password he ask me my secret question.

I type my secret answer.

And I receive the message that the reset link as been sent to my email address ( which I can't access ).

I can't remember where I create my BBID since I created it a couple of years ago when I had my first blackberry.

Strange because since then I have the same password also...???

Thanks for your help.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

Here's the problem. All the Blackberry email addresses have a carrier name in them. They are not simply @blackberry.com. The only way to access the @carrier.blackberry.com is via the method I listed above in the KB. Without that there is no way to reset your BBID. You cannot reset it and have the password sent to another email account.

I have no idea where you got an @blackberry.com email address and without that information I have no idea where to send you to get your email.
Please use plain text.
needsupport

I understand, thanks!

Sorry, I thought you where a Blackberry employee so when I talk about your system I should say their system...  :smileyhappy:

And another think that confirmed that I use the good BBID : if I try ...@roger.blackberry.com the message receive is that the BBID is not active or is not written correctly ( instead of asking me my secrect question as he does when I enter the @blackberry.com address ).

I know I should have a T-Mobile account but it's not available in my city...  :smileywink:

I will try to contact Blackberry help desk tomorrow morning and I will let you know what they think about this issue.

Because I think, when I created my BBID it was on the Blackberry site and it was funny to have a @blackberry.com address.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

I have never heard of an @Blackberry.com email domain available for anyone. RIM owns the domain and I don't recall them ever giving out email addresses. Even if they did, I would have no idea where to access that email account. Without that it will be impossible to reset the BBID password. You may need to create a new one using your personal email address.
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,923
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

needsupport wrote:

I know I should have a T-Mobile account but it's not available in my city...  :smileywink:

Just for clarification, you ARE a Rogers customer in Canada?

Or a Tmobile customer in the USA?

Secondly, I have heard of ONE other instance of a non-RIM employee having an ...@blackberry.com email address, and it was in this forum a while back when a similar issue was raised, and we had the same discussion, and I was amazed that a non-RIM employee was given this address.

One thing to try... on your BlackBerry:
• Go to mobile.blackberry.com OR to www.blackberry.com/integrate
• Scroll down to Communication and then to Email.
• Choose the appropriate email set up options and see if you can setup that email account to receive email ON your BlackBerry, and find that reset email.

That might be a longshot, but try it.

And if not then yes you need to call your mobile provider's tech support on this issue.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

According to the RIM KB's the password reset email does not get forwarded to the BlackBerry device since that would be a security issue. You have to access a web mailbox somehow for the password reset...The above is worth a try, though.
Please use plain text.