Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
rhyswillis84
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Orange

Restore factory settings

Hi, Hope someone can help me...... I've recently had the blackberry torch and while getting used to it have deleted a couple of the apps that came with the phone which I now want back.  I've tried the soft, double soft and hard restore to try to get the phone back to the factory settings as if I'd just bought the phone but none of these have worked.

Does anyone know of anyother way to restore the phone back to its original state as if I'd never touched it?? Its driving me mad

Thanks

Rhys

Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Restore factory settings

Hi there,

Have you tried simply reloading those apps via the BlackBerry Desktop Software?  Simply open the BlackBerry Desktop Software and click on the Applications button.  You should be able to reload any deleted BlackBerry apps there.

Otherwise, you can restore the device to factory state using the info here: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB18998

I hope this helps!

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rhyswillis84
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800

I tried downloading them again and it said it was successfull and had installed but I cant find it anywhere on the phone and I'm showing all hidden folders.  How do I find where it went?

Also I tried the reset link you've given me above but it says BB desktop manager 4.7 to 5.0 must be installed and I'm running 6 and the phone bust be running 4.3 to 5.0, again I'm running 6....should it still work???

Thanks for the help so far

Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto

Which apps are they?

And yes, that reset method should work regardless. :smileyhappy:. Just make sure you back up your data first if you want to keep it.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
reyes
My Device: 9800 Torch

On the handset go to:

>Homescreen >All >Options >Security >Security wipe

Check the options you want to include in the wipe and then enter the word 'blackberry' to confirm wipe

Hit the 'wipe data' button.

Job done.

Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto

reyes, that does a handheld wipe, however it does not reinstall apps that have been previously deleted.  That is the easiest way to wipe a BlackBerry to sell, but not to take the extra step (and indeed, even the wipe I outlined might not be sufficient and may still require the apps to be reinstalled using the BlackBerry Desktop Manager).

Please use plain text.