Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: Bharti Airtel
Accepted Solution

Ringer and vibrator not working in Torch 9810

[ Edited ]

Ringer and vibrator of my blackberry torch 9810 suddenly stops working. If i would be getting call or message, the ringer or vibrator doesnot work. Is this is common problem?? how to fix this issue? Please help!!!

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Ringer and vibrator not working in Torch 9810

Hello puneetvarma,

Try reinserting your battery as a test.

If this fails to resolve the issue, perform a reload or upgrade the BlackBerry® Device Software. For more information on this procedure see the following article:

How to update or reinstall BlackBerry Device Software using BlackBerry Desktop Software - http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB03901

We hope this helps.

Thank you.

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Contributor

I tried by doing hard reboot and it works but again after two or three days I faces same problem, I also approached the service center and they reloaded the device software, it worked fine for couple of days then again same same problem arised. I am running OS 7 version 2395. Is this os problem or something?
New Contributor
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: ATT

Yip...same issue and it is driving me crazy.  Seriously, I'm ready to dump this device and go to the iPhone if I don't see something better than 1) reinsert battery and 2) updated device software. 

Like others on this thread, I've tried it.  And it works...but only temporarily.  Is there anyone in Development who is looking into fixing this glaring problem on your flagship product?

Contributor

i tried to reinserting the battery and it worked but for temperorily. Also i have reinstalled the device software from my service center but again start facing the same problem after two weeks. Is there any permanent solution for this??

New Contributor
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: ATT

Fail.  I have followed all KB instructions.  My device software is up-to-date.  The KB that describes itself as being a fresh install of system software only shows how to check for updates, and does NOT initiate a fresh install of anything. 

I realize things are in turmoil at Blackberry, but will anyone step up and do some actual troubleshooting?  I'll help by providing anything you ask.  FYI, I am employed by a large multi-national company with more than a thousand blackberries under contract via AT&T, and have close contacts within the purchasing chain.  Blackberry's response, or lack thereof, will likely have an impact of much more than just one more frustrated user.

I just want my phone to consistently ring when incoming calls occur.

New Contributor
My Carrier: Vodafone

Dear All,

Please also me with the same issue. My ringer is not working an d even if i play mp3 file sno sound comes out of speakers. my vibrator is workig  properly and also incmoing call I can hear. But any alert like ringer, message notifier or

puneetvarma wrote:

Ringer and vibrator of my blackberry torch 9810 suddenly stops working. If i would be getting call or message, the ringer or vibrator doesnot work. Is this is common problem?? how to fix this issue? Please help!!!

nothing works. I had this problem and hence upgraded to 7.1.0.4 and still having same problem. Even battery pull out doesnt work. Please help.

Contributor

Which handset u have?? Wats is the first two digit of your pin?
New Contributor

My mobile is Torch 9810.

New Contributor

pin 28