Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: Bharti Airtel

Re: Ringer and vibrator not working in Torch 9810

[ Edited ]

BB pin starting 28 had manufacturing defect with pin 28 had this problem. Try uploading os 7.1, may be this can help n let me know.
<Personal Content Removed>

New Contributor
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: ATT

I've tried everything with my Torch, and finally addressed this issue.  It required a full system restore, in which everything was wiped from the device, except things on my storage card.  OS updates don't work.  Don't bother waiting for Blackberry Support to offer any guidance.  Just do a full system restore.  My ringer and vibration has been working now for a week and a half with no issues.

Contributor

System restore mean we should not even restore our backup, like contacts??
New Contributor
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: ATT

You should absolutely back-up your contacts and any data you can backup.

Contributor

I think the ringer problem has been fixed in OS 7.1. I upgraded my OS and its more than 2 weeks but til now i have not faced this issue. Try upgrading to 7.1, if this works just let me know.

New Contributor
My Carrier: AT&T

I am still having this issue, and have had it to varying degrees on every version of 7.1 I've tried, plus some of the latter 7.0 builds.

Please tell me this will get noticed and fixed.
Contributor

try this, download the os 7.1 from this link : https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=1595AF6435015C77A7149E92A551338E then remove vendor.xml file. There are two vendor.xml files in c drive, just simply search and it will appear in search result, one is at C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader  and for second, i dont remember location, but you will find it easily somewhere in 'research in motion' folder (make sure your hidden files setting is set to 'show hidden files and folders') then delete it. Now install this software am sure it will help. i did the same and have not faced this problem since.

New Contributor

I've actually tried that one, it still had the issue.  So now, I just backed up all my apps, and did a full wipe, and now am reactivating, will see if that helps or not.  Right now am running 7.1.0.569

New Contributor

Ok so it still did it to me, right after activation completed.  I am wondering if perhaps the bug (at least for me) is being triggered by something sent through during activation.  Activation, after all, restores all sorts of settings back to the phone.

My next experiment will be to wipe the phone again, and then on the BES side, delete as much information as I can so that all my settings/databases will be lost, then reactivate again.  If I don't have any luck with various troubleshooting,  I may even wipe my Exchange inbox and create a new account, and try handling it that way.  I have had an unresolved issue with wireless activation for quite some time now, it works fine if I activate the handset from another account, but not from mine, I get encryption verified, waiting for services, and then an instant fail.

I will try this over the next few days and post back if I figure out any sort of pattern or trigger for this.

For the moment I wonder if it is one of the apps I have loaded, something to do with BB Bridge and Playbook, something messed up in the activation databases that get pushed to my phone, etc.   This bug is severely annoying and I hope to figure out some sort of pattern so that perhaps some future 7.1 build will fix it.

New Contributor

So first, I wiped and reloaded the OS and apps.  I was then going to activate the phone against a new Exchange account with no stored junk to push to my phone.  But, before I could even activate I hit the bug AGAIN.

At this point, I've wiped the phone, and not installed any apps other than the built-ins and the Enterprise Activation app.

Using that new Exchange account, I am now able to flawlessly activate wirelessly, so at least that problem is resolved.

I basically want to see if with this configuration, I run into the issue. 

If I do, my next step is to change my default ringtone to a built-in one and see if that helps at all (who knows, maybe the mp3 I'm using right now triggers a bug??)

If that doesnt make a difference, then my next step will be to start trying different 7.1 builds one at a time. 

If I don't run into the issue, I will next start bridging to my Playbook and see if that makes any difference.  Then I will start adding the apps back that I actually need, and not bother restoring the stuff I don't use anyway.

I am hoping I can at least find a way to avoid the issue, something about my current setup is definitely triggering it, will let you guys know if I find some repeatable way to make it happen.