Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry 9800
My Carrier: At&t

Ringer

I have a blackberry phn you can see incoming calls on the screen but you can't hear a ringtone. Every time I go to ringer profile theres a box that comes up that states that the tone I selected is invalid. If som one knows how to fix this please let me know.

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Ringer

I get that, too, but then the next time a call comes in, the selected ringtone rings.....pretty weird.  A battery pull can't hurt any.  With your powered on, remove your battery then replace it.

I hope that helps you.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry 9800
My Carrier: At&t

Re: Ringer

I received your message however tht did not work took to the store and the guy there says tht the speaker is gone out. Was wanting to know if it was some way I would kno for sure tht it was the speaker before I paid someone to replace it because the phn is no longer under warranty. They even did a master reset, but it vibrates and you can talk on it and hear the person on the other end it just wont ring.