If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

tbasian
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Indosat

Re: SMS Inbox Error - Uncaught exception: java.lang.IndexOutofBoundsException Help!!!

Yes I found same problem, everytime time I select the text message the erorr ahppend, how to fixed? this happend because there is one sms (text message) with something "abnormal text" , so ..go to messages folder then select that text message and delete it. if somehow you cannot delete this message, then you have delete before and after that text message together (in onetime), hope this can help

Please use plain text.
ATOWN
My Device: Torch 8900
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile Canada

Re: SMS Inbox Error - Uncaught exception: java.lang.IndexOutofBoundsException Help!!!

Hi! My name's Alyssa, I'm with Virgin Mobile Can and I've just recieved the same error. Had the Torch for a couple weeks. Please let me know if you find out more about this error! Trying to reload it now, fingers crossed, hope it works.

Please use plain text.
lozza-10
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Vodafone

thankyou for this.x

it really helped and also solved my problem.

Thanks again :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
aegolius
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Optus

I had this problem too (just now) and fixed it. Unfortunately I didn't have my lead to connect my phone to my computer, so I had to try and find another way. For your information I have a blackberry torch 9800. I did not perform any updates, the only thing I did do was install the LinkedIn App but I don't think this was related, since uninstalling it didn't fix my problem. My OS IS 6.0.0.246, platform 6.4.0.105.

When I clicked my text message icon it was coming up with "uncaught exception: java.lang.indexoutofboundsexception". 

To fix it I went into my email instead, hit the BB button > Options > Inbox Management and I ticked "text messages". When scrolling through here I could see there was something wrong - parts of the list of messages where not visible unless I scrolled over them. I started deleting the messages/conversations one by one but I noted there was one in particular that would not delete no matter how many times I pressed the red cross. I was not sure if this was because of the contact or the text message so I decided to remove both.

I went out of my email and went to my contacts and found the contact that was causing the problem. DO NOT "view contact" and try to delete it that way, it won't work. What you need to do is go to the contact list, hover over the problematic contact and then press the BB button and delete.**

Next go back into your email and if you still can't delete by the red cross (beware, this will remove some of or all of your text messages depending on when they were received)  hover over/highlight the date above the message (not the actual text message) and hit the BB button. Next press "Delete Prior" and this will delete the text message (as well as anything prior to that date).

Now go out of your email and into your text messages and it should open. You can go back to your email and change your settings back so that the text messages don't show in there.

**One problem I did incur was when I went out of the email to go to contacts, I couldn't go back into the email because of the same problem with the text messages (got the same error). This is easy fixed. Find your email profile (mine are hidden and sit at the very bottom of all my apps), open it up, hit the BB button, go to inbox management and untick "text messages". Now go back into your actual email and follow the steps above and you'll be good to go again.

Hope this helps someone!

Please use plain text.
SCTBerks
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: o2

A million thanks for this, it has saved the day!  four hours of not being able to sort it.

THANK YOU :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.