Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
philpret
My Device: Torch

SMS/Text message disappears when hitting the send button

Hi

Since I have done the upgrade I have a very interesting/irritating bug on my phone.

After I have composed the SMS/text message and I select the send icon on the screen the message disappears. This happens regardless if I use the on screen icon, keyboard or the menu items to send.

What makes this even more fustrating is that this does not happen all the time, which makes it hard to try and pinpoint the reason for this.

Any help would be appreciated

Philip

Retired
hatchback
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: SMS/Text message disappears when hitting the send button

Hey Philpret,

You may have an issue with your SMS Message database. Try clearing the database and testing with new messages. http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/KB10167

Thank s

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
philpret
My Device: Torch

HI

I have tried deleting the SMS database, but still no luck. SOmething interesting I have also found. If I only send 1 line in the SMS it works fine. The moment I go into a second line it disappears.

hammadmaqsood
My Device: torch 9800

Pal!
Just gp in your inbox and scroll down till almost the end, you will find the messages gone green (because at some time you opened them to answer but you did not) just delete all of them. In addition delete some  more texting threads...reboot the system your torch will be fine...

Regards

Hammad