Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Contributor
shanewilson600
My Device: 9800

Re: Screen Rotation Stopped Working

Well the almighty Security Wipe Fixed the problem.

Now how ever a new problem.  My BES, as soon as I put the device on the BES the screen will not go into landscape mode.

AUGH........

Shane W.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Interesting. Before you reactivated on the BES did you restore your data from backup? If so, did it work after the restore and quit when activated on BES?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor
shanewilson600
My Device: 9800

No I activated the device on the BES right after the security wipe.

I did not reload the backup data yet.

Shane W.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

We need to know if its your data or something with the BES. Wipe the device again. Then see if it works. Then restore your data. See if it works. Then reactivate on the BES. That's the normal process anyway.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor
My Device: 9900

HI,

I have the same issue. Even I have wiped my Torch, after the reactivation the screen rotation stopped working again however when it was empty (without acitve BES sync) worked properly.

Last week we got the MR1 to 5.0 I have some bad feelings about it couse I don have any 3rd party app now.

Could you suggest someting?

Contributor
My Device: 9900

After a day, somehow started again. It was a mystery...

bubble_acadien
My Device: torch 9800

i have same problem, did the wipe, the rotation when back on..........but when i sync with BES, it's started againt 

New Contributor
jeffmann
My Device: Torch 9800

Someone on another thread suggested slamming the slider closed a couple times. That fixed it for me. 

New Contributor
meesam_07
My Device: Blackberry torch 9800

Even im having the same problem, but the screen rotates in 3rd party apps. It rotates in the games i have downloaded like copter etc, but otherwise it does not rotate. It means its not a hardware probs. What should i do?

JSanders
Solutions: 5,982
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Do a simple reboot on the BlackBerry in this manner: With the BlackBerry device POWERED ON, remove the battery for a minute, and then reinsert the battery to reboot. A reboot in this manner is prescribed for most glitches and operating system errors, and you will lose no data on the device doing this.

Now see if the screen rotates corrrectly.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code