Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

ccollins7
My Device: Torch 9800

Screen Super Fuzzy with colours when I slide it open

I need some help!

On Monday morning I woke up, and my Blackberry Torch 9800 was all messed up.  Whenever I slide open the phone, the screen goes all fuzzy: black, white, pink, green lines. Sometimes it's the whole screen, sometimes it's part.  Other times when I open it, it's as if all the colours are switched (it's mostly black, writing is in white).

I have no idea what happened.  Like I said, I woke up in the morning and it was just like that (didn't drop it, no water damage, non of that). 

I've tried restarting it, pulling out the battery, pulling out the sim card. All of my updates are up to date!

Any suggestions at all?

- It's a year and a half old so Virgin Mobile said they can't do anything, and that I should just upgrade my phone.  (I can't upgrade until BB10 comes out)

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: Screen Super Fuzzy with colours when I slide it open

Unfortunately, your device has a hardware problem. Most likely the ribbon cable for the display has gone bad. There's not much you can do aside from replacing or repairing it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!